Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Hi guys, I recently purchased a new computer here are the specs:
Cpu: i7 6700k
Motherboard: Z170A Gaming M5
Gpu: Geforce Gtx 1070 G1 Gaming
Ram: 16gb
Storage: 250gb SSD, 2T HD

Now my problem is since I've done a clean install for windows 7 ultimate it has felt fairly slow, like there is a slight delay between every action I do. It's not bad just not very responsive, Could this have something to do with windows updates? I have been trying to update my windows, but it would just say "checking for windows updates" for hours. I have also installed all my mobo drivers and graphic card drivers but maybe I am missing something.

Would really appreciate some help thank you very much :)

Solution

If you just installed the OS, wait till it's fully...

If you just installed the OS, wait till it's fully patched, and make sure all the drivers are installed before you think there are issues. The patches issue has been a bit of a pain for Windows 7.

Try this manual update http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=kb3125574 You need to run in in IE.

Solution

Choronzonqt

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
I would use windows 10 but apparently the internal wireless card I am using doesn't have windows 10 driver support, and I have no way to use an ethernet cable so I need it. I'll try out your solution Hang-the-9 hopefully it works out for me