[SOLVED] New computer has been making weird noises and I think it's the GPU

Jan 21, 2019
Hi! Recently, I've got myself a new computer. Everything has been going perfectly, but when gaming, I've noticed weird sounds coming out of my computer. Today, the sounds started happening again, but I was just browsing the internet, very low cpu/gpu usage. What I did then,is I went and installed MSI Afterburner, so I can manually control my GPU fans. Around 75% of the time, when I put my fans from 35% to 45%, it makes the same exact noise, but just once. When constantly at 100% fan speed, it's loud (to be expected), but no weird noise. I thought I'd ask for help. There's currently a huge 1080ti shortage, so i'm not even sure I can get it replaced. I'm lost... The only other possibility I can really see it being the PSU.

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27RVwMnvos
For the weird sounds, go to 1:24.

My pc specs:
mobo: MSI Z370 KRAIT GAMING - Intel Z370
cpu: Intel Core i7-8700K
ssd: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11, M.2 - 480GB
psu: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold - 850W
hdd: Seagate BarraCuda, 3,5" - 2TB
cooling: NZXT Kraken X62
ram: G.SKill TridentZ RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600
case: Be quiet! Dark Base PRO 900
gpu: PALiT GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GameRock, 11GB GDDR5X

Solution

apologies for my inability to read haha. Still just sound like a fan bearing or maybe a wire touching a fan, although i would expect that to be louder.

if you want to fix it, first step would be to be sure of whats making the sound, remove/unplug the GPU, case fans, and HDD since those all...
the kinda of clicking sound at 19seconds? could just be a fan bearing that isn't so great, not really a huge issue. I would watch your temperatures, not much else you can do unless you want to try replacing a gpu fan.

You did remove all the clear plastic stickers off your GPU and other components right?

Jan 21, 2019

No, I meant the one from 1:24 and onwards, like I've mentioned in the first post. And yes, all the stickers and stuff are removed.

apologies for my inability to read haha. Still just sound like a fan bearing or maybe a wire touching a fan, although i would expect that to be louder.

if you want to fix it, first step would be to be sure of whats making the sound, remove/unplug the GPU, case fans, and HDD since those all have moving parts, and add them back one by one until you find what makes the sound.

Not really a concerning sound if youre worried about you PCs health, seems like you wouldnt even hear that with headphone on.

Solution