Question New computer, no display

cow0403

Honorable
Jun 1, 2014
Just built a new computer, tried turning it on for the first time and I can’t get a signal on my monitor. Any idea why?

Here is the parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cow0403/saved/23ycTW

This is my second gaming computer I have built. I put everything together myself. I’ve double and triple checked everything is plugged in correctly. There isn’t an operating system on the machine yet but I do have a boot drive setup and plugged in. Everything turns on and lights up as it should. There are no error lights on the motherboard but there is no signal being transmitted to the monitors (DVI-D and HDMI). I know both of them work since I had just unplugged from my old pc. Any idea what I might have done wrong or did I just a get some dead piece of hardware?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Breadboard the system, without the wifi card, the HDD and the AIO, also exclude the fans. See if you can get to BIOS with the GPU, board, CPU and single stick of ram with the SSD connected as the only storage device.

Which slots are you using to populate the rams?

cow0403

Honorable
Jun 1, 2014
Breadboard the system, without the wifi card, the HDD and the AIO, also exclude the fans. See if you can get to BIOS with the GPU, board, CPU and single stick of ram with the SSD connected as the only storage device.

Which slots are you using to populate the rams?
I currently have slots 2 and 4 in use for the ram (the suggested method for the mono). I’ve tried each stick on its own and in different slots, I’ve also tried them in slots 1 and 3 and still nothing.
Could the fan controller be causing an issue? All the fans are plugged into there and don’t spin but when I plug them into the mobo they spin. (Wasn’t included on the parts list sorry).

Just tried powering it on with what you suggested and still no signal. I did get some error lights this time though. Started at CPU then switch the VGA, and now it is stopped on boot. Also just turned it’s self off after about a minute or 2. Another thing I noticed is my GPU getting hot and the fans not running.

Last edited: