New computer pretty big problem

tbrenna7

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
so this was my second build i decided to help a friend build his computer. on first boot got a fatal error with the chasis intruded message. i am also getting the attempt 1 message no hdd detective n it fails the boot. any help or advice?
reset cmos
all plugs are in place and secure
everything seems to be working just fine
also running ami bios and listening to beep codes, i get 2 beeps; 1 initial start up beep, and right before fatal error occurs i get the 2nd beep
asus mobo with amd 965 be cpu

So what does the manual say about the beep codes? Or did you not bother reading it.

Did you plug in the hdd power AND sata connector?

Did you manually set the dimm voltage or did yo leave it on auto?

Are you sure all the hardware is compatible? (memory?)

Chassis intruding message means your using old parts in the build?

Without telling us what parts your using, nobody can really help.

tbrenna7

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
mobo- m4a79xtd evo= asus board
gskill ram- ddr31600 4gb set
965 be amd cpu
5770 msi vid card
500gb WD hdd
rosewill PSU 750 watt
cd/rom dr is reused this the only thing not new.

and sadly enough yes i always read the manuals before i begin my builds, always.
yes i have read them. all products should be compatible, i mean this isnt my first build but posting my own thread was a last resort =/.
dimm voltage is on auto
hdd power and sata is connected.
no old parts in this build everything is brand new starting from scratch with the exception that the cd drive is recycled. could this cause the problem?
manual says nothing about beep codes sadly enough. not my first asus board but prob my last =/. however i have done my research through this forum and many others before posting here and sounding like a complete noob =/ but i am using the AMI bios settup and the 2 beeps i get; start beep long pause and 2nd beep, i can only assume its a memory issue from the AMI beep codes i have seen.
i have tried resetting cmos using jumper pins, reseatting ram.
i mean ive taken it apart piece by piece and rebuild it as well with the components out of the case just to make sure there wasny any grounding on the mobo itself, but still get nothing. im running outa ideas so i figured i would ask the experts.
can anyone give me ideas or suggestions? thank you in advance!! =D

I don't know how you can get a chassis intrusion warning on a new system that YOU built. Did you build your own case out of a milk crate or are you using an old one??

Never run ram on Auto, always set manually.

Why your hdd is not detected, I have no idea, does it show in device manager? Any yellow exclamation points next to any hardware?

tbrenna7

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
no the case is brand new. no i did not build it out of a milk crate. i bought it from a store locally. its a HAF case.
after the bios it gives me this fatal error message. im starting to think the mobo i got was doA? but im not entirely sure. =/ i mean everything seems to boot just fine. upon first boot bios came up and everything looked right, so i saved and exited and starts as if its about to boot it asks me to choose first boot priority so i do, and i change first to boot cd drive.
it attemtps to boot:
initializing attempt one; no hard drive detected.
what i dont get is in the bios it recognizes my hdd through the sata ports listed.
thank you in advance!

Go into bios and disable the chassis intrusion alarm, or whatever it's called.

1.5v is correct.

I would unplug all the cables from the hardrive and mobo and replug them back in to make sure that's not the problem.

Make sure in bios sata controller is enabled and sata type is IDE.

Sometimes hardrives don't show unless they are formated. You could try formatting it first then reboot.

Could be a bad drive.

compguy57

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Hi, first off hey Geekapproved why are you being so sarcastic? this person is asking for help and all you do is give LIP? If you read his post he can't even get get into a operating system that not there! First boot up and go into the bios, set the settings at default. set your computer to boot to CD, then reboot and put your OS CD into your drive, see if it will boot to the CD. if it does then go ahead and install your operating system, chances are your Hard Drive is not formatted and that is why it is not recognizing it. Also if you look under the Manageability Of this mobo this is what it says.

Manageability
WOL by PME,WOR by PME,WOR by Ring,Chasis Intrusion,PXE
notice the Chasis Intrusion function?

I asked him to list his full system specs and if he was using any used parts and he didn't list a case. So I don't know if he's using an old case, a homeade case or if he's just breadboarding/phonebooking it.

If you don't like sarcasm, too bad, I wasn't talking to you. I'm sorry your little e-peen has a complex.

It's funny your suggesting he do the same thing I suggested.

tbrenna7

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
sarcasim is ok; sarcastic input is better than no input lol =D
thanks for the input i tried what you guys have said; only thing is i still am getting the same messages im probably going to take it to a comp repair place so they can test my mobo. i think it may be DOA. i dont believe it is the HDD. i put it into the beast comp i build about 2 months ago n it was working just fine.
so heres what i did:
powered the comp on after resetting the cmos,
changed bios back to default,
changed boot priority to cd/rom
put the os disk inside
rebooted and it gave me the same chasis intrusion message.
it seems as if the computer is not saving anything i put in the bios after i save and reboot.
i mean i have literally exhausted all remedies i can think of. beep codes suggest ram problems but im starting to think mobo is bad. if anyone has had any problems like this i would absolutely appreciate it! thank you in advance!

tbrenna7

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
after rereading your pst geekapproved
you put set sata to ide; i just realized i have it set to sata1 because thats where i have it plugged in. however should i change this in bios? could this be what is causing it? also how do i reformat the hdd with no way of getting past boot?