New computer, very poor benchmarks

Dec 30, 2018
So basically I got a new computer during Christmas and I decided to benchmark it just in case it was bad. The computer is a prebuilt one. I used UserBenchmark and got this as the result: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13388463

My specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
SSD: Intel Optane+1.8TBHDD
RAM: Adata DDR4 3000 2OZ 2x8GB
MBD: Asus PRIME B360M-A
Windows 10 x64 Home

Some things I tweaked in my system was that I turned off turbo mode for my CPU cause it was overheating.
I also have all my drivers updated and my BIOS was updated too
XMP profile was enabled for my ram
GPU is in quality mode in NVIDIA control panel
Power mode is in High Performance

Any help would be appreciated and thank you for reading.

Dec 30, 2018

Yeah I will turbo boost my CPU after I get my cooler but what about my GPU and RAM?

Dec 30, 2018

My ram is supposed to be 2666mhz, how do I make it 3000mhz?
The GPU temp was around 45-55 degrees celsius when benchmarking
The PSU is 600W 80+ EVGA

The RAM seems to be running as expected. It's a B360 motherboard, so you'll be limited to DDR4-2666 speeds (since running it at 3000 would technically be considered overclocking), but in most real-world scenarios that shouldn't make any notable difference in terms of things like gaming performance.

The real issue here would be the overheating processor and disabling boost clocks. Effectively, you've limited your CPU to running at 3.2GHz, while it should normally be able to boost to 4.3-4.6 GHz depending on how many cores are active, provided it has adequate cooling.

What kind of cooler are you getting for it, and what kind of temperatures were you getting on the stock cooler? The bundled cooler for the i7-8700 tends to not be enough to keep it running at full boost clocks, so it is probably worth replacing if you want to maximize performance. I'm not sure I would disable boost though, unless the PC is shutting down, since the processor should automatically throttle to keep temperatures within "safe" limits without necessarily cutting the speed all the way back to 3.2GHz.

As for the graphics card, it could potentially be running hot and limiting its clocks a bit as well. Did you check what kind of temperatures you were getting on that? Even though the results there might make it sound like it's significantly under-performing, it's actually only around 5% behind the average 2070, so the performance difference would likely not be very noticeable. It's also possible that the test might have been effected by the low CPU clocks, so it's worth retesting once you get that taken care of.

You might also want to run some other 3D benchmarks like the free ones from Unigine (Superposition, Valley, Heaven) and see what results you get compared to others with similar graphics hardware...

https://unigine.com/en/products/benchmarks

Dec 30, 2018

My processor had a temperature of around 70-90 degrees celsius when gaming with Turbo on. The graphics card was around 50 degrees when benchmarking and it was running at 100 percent. I also tried the Unigine benchmarks and I got a lower score than average on Heaven. The average score was around 2850 and I got 2740. Whenever I turn on my turbo mode, my cpu immediately gets hot, I don't know if I should risk it. Thank you btw for taking your time to respond :D

Dec 30, 2018

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13392643 this is my result after turning on Turbo Mode again