New Computer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nah, I'm actually reasonable. Dell wouldn't even tell you what the problem was, they'd only tell you what the replaced.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

tgeorge12

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2004
Thx Crashman,
I am just trying trying to get this electrical beast(or devil) stable, hopefully the new install of XP and video card will make a big difference.
Either way I should know in a day or so
I still may have to come back and ask more questions,
I sure appreciate all the help & suggestions
thx
tmg4

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
It would just be downright funny if it was his mobo causing the bsod. Then he could get one of those and have a new computer like he was thinking of to start with!

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"

tgeorge12

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2004
Actually, I was beginning to think it might be one of the memory slots on my mobo, so I moved memory around (this made me not use dual channel though). It helped some but still not stable. The new video card came in, 6800gt, so i installed it. Ran better, more stable, but games crashed still. Could not even run Doom3. Today my new memory came in, 2x512 OCZ EL Platinum dual channel kit PC3200 (was running GEIL 2x256 PC2700). So I slapped it in, dual channel. Believe it or not, This is the most stable my system has ever been. This whole day I have not had BSOD and games are running, even Doom3. Have not had chance to run any stress tests or tune my oc'ing, but system is running pretty good. Thanks to all the comments and help from everyone.
Thx,
tgeorge12