Question New CPU any help?

Oct 6, 2019
Hello, just got the ryzen 7 2700x cpu, anything that can help me with the install like a installation guide or anything?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The CPU itself will have a guide included in the box on how to install it.
Equally your motherboard manual will also have a guide.

It's nothing complicated, just have to make sure you be careful and don't damage anything throwing it in the socket.
You'll first just want to make sure that your MB is compatible out of the box with the CPU.

Reactions: Kamal007v
Oct 4, 2019
Hi there,

I just installed a Ryzen 7 3700x last week and it was pretty easy.

You can always Youtube a few tutorials of AM4 socket installations which is what I did and helped a great deal.

As PC Tailor mentioned. Ensure your motherboard is compatible with your CPU, I believe yours would be the AM4 socket.

Also try and not touch the pins under the CPU in case of accidentally damaging the pins. Hold the CPU from the sides when slotting it in.

Reactions: Kamal007v
Oct 6, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The CPU itself will have a guide included in the box on how to install it.
Equally your motherboard manual will also have a guide.

It's nothing complicated, just have to make sure you be careful and don't damage anything throwing it in the socket.
You'll first just want to make sure that your MB is compatible out of the box with the CPU.
Hello, I'm about to Install it now, is there anything i have to do before i uninstall the Ryzen 5 1600 besides making sure the MB and CPU are compatible, which they in fact are, and making sure i have the last BIOS ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
No, just make sure you update the BIOS BEFORE you remove the old CPU, then when you remove the cooler, clean away all thermal paste and then reapply new thermal paste.

Install the new CPU as per the instructions and the boot up.
It may reboot a few times or take a little bit of time to initialise with the new CPU.

Reactions: RodroX
Oct 6, 2019
No, just make sure you update the BIOS BEFORE you remove the old CPU, then when you remove the cooler, clean away all thermal paste and then reapply new thermal paste.

Install the new CPU as per the instructions and the boot up.
It may reboot a few times or take a little bit of time to initialise with the new CPU.
I have the AORUS-K5-AX370 and i searched for the bios update but i couldnt find it, can you link me it if you find it? And i know im asking for something thats not your problem can u tell me in a step fom what to do aswell? Never installed new CPU before,

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
BIOS files are here: https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K5-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Honestly the motherboard/CPU instructions will be more than satisfactory there is nothing complicated with it, just as with handling any electronic components, just be gentle with it.

As will the video linked above.

I understand you're probably worried being as it's your first time, but don't worry, it's simple, just be careful with the parts, like you would with ANY parts :)

It is as simple as:
  • Ground yourself ( as a precuation to remove any potential static, just to be safe )
  • Unplug the cooler
  • Gently remove the cooler from the CPU (as I stated above) and clean off paste
  • Unlock the CPU latch
  • Remove the CPU
  • Line up the notch of the new CPU with the notch on the CPU socket
  • Gently place in the CPU
  • Lock the CPU latch
  • Reapply thermal paste (pea sized dot in the middle will suffice)
  • Secure cooler and plug into CPU_FAN header again.

Reactions: RodroX
Oct 6, 2019
BIOS files are here: https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K5-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Honestly the motherboard/CPU instructions will be more than satisfactory there is nothing complicated with it, just as with handling any electronic components, just be gentle with it.

As will the video linked above.

I understand you're probably worried being as it's your first time, but don't worry, it's simple, just be careful with the parts, like you would with ANY parts :)

It is as simple as:
  • Ground yourself ( as a precuation to remove any potential static, just to be safe )
  • Unplug the cooler
  • Gently remove the cooler from the CPU (as I stated above) and clean off paste
  • Unlock the CPU latch
  • Remove the CPU
  • Line up the notch of the new CPU with the notch on the CPU socket
  • Gently place in the CPU
  • Lock the CPU latch
  • Reapply thermal paste (pea sized dot in the middle will suffice)
  • Secure cooler and plug into CPU_FAN header again.
I dont know which BIOS version i have how do i check?

Oct 6, 2019
By the way, all you have to do is ensure that you have F20 BIOS with that board.
Depending on when you got it, it might already have that.
I have F3, i dont know how to do flash BIOs updates and they seem super risky so i think i might just return the CPU, im terrible with this kind of stuff and these guides never help me

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I can understand if you're not comfortable. BIOS updates are simple but you shouldn't do anything you're not comfortable with.

I would say the easiest thing to do would be either have a friend help you who has done it before, or alternatively you can take your PC to a computer shop with the old CPU and they can do a quick BIOS update for you and then they can even put the new CPU in too if you'd rather.

Should be a simple and quick activity for a computer shop :)

Oct 6, 2019
By the way, all you have to do is ensure that you have F20 BIOS with that board.
Depending on when you got it, it might already have that.
Like I dont know what Flash BIOS updates are these guides loose me with their big fancy words and they expect me to be a master PC builder because i want to change my CPU, Flash drives got them then they talk about some stuff that goes straight over my head

Oct 6, 2019
I can understand if you're not comfortable. BIOS updates are simple but you shouldn't do anything you're not comfortable with.

I would say the easiest thing to do would be either have a friend help you who has done it before, or alternatively you can take your PC to a computer shop with the old CPU and they can do a quick BIOS update for you and then they can even put the new CPU in too if you'd rather.

Should be a simple and quick activity for a computer shop :)
okay i just watched a 1min 45 sec video that explained it 100x better then that 10 page article, so i just need to get the f20 bios on my flash drive and plug it in when im in the right tab in BIOS, should i get just the F20 or should i try to get the newest BIOS?