- Integrated Sound Card
- 1TB Seagate 3.5" 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s HDD PN ST1000DM003
- AMD AM3+ FX-8350 Eight Core 4.0GHz 8MB Cache 125W Black Edition CPU
- DVD Writer ASUS 24x DRW-24D5MT Black OEM
- Gigabyte AM3+ ATX GA-970A-D3P Motherboard
- Zalman CNPS90F CPU Heatsink and Fan
- 8GB DDR3 Crucial CT102464BA160B (1x8G) 1600MHz Ram Module
- 600 Watt Coolermaster B600 Power Supply PN RS-600-ACAB-B1
- Deepcool ATX Tesseract SW Case Black with Window (No PSU)
- 92mm Zalman ZM-SF2 Shark’s Fin Blade Silent Fan
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit OEM DVD PN KW9-00139
- MSI GTX950 2GB Gaming PCIe Video Card PN GTX950 Gaming 2G
- 120GB Kingston 2.5" SSDNow UV400 SATA 6Gb/s SSD Drive PN SUV400S37/120G

Hello all, I'm seeking advice as to why my monitors say no signal with a new CPU fan. Listed above is the zalman heat sink/fan, which I am replacing with what I believe is the stock fan which was set aside. Since the zalman was installed on build from the store.

Any who, last night I replaced my psu with a new one. Focus plus 80 gold 650fx fully modular. After installation everything worked fine. I then replaced the CPU fan with a cooler master (which has the pre thermal paste square) but on start up my monitors give me "no signal" I've taken everything out and reseated, twice. I never took out the CPU, I removed the old thermal paste from the zalman.

The zalman fan works fine when i place it back in. I've redone my ram, gpu, pretty much all the common things, touched the two cmos with a screw driver as said, removed the cmos battery, replaced it. Still nothing.
Thank you for any reply.

Solution
Only explanation would be that it's not properly installed (CM CPU fan that is). One possibility is that fan itself is not working and BIOS is refusing to start computer without working fan. To check for that, mount CM on but connect the Zalman fan to CPU_Fan om the MB.
Only explanation would be that it's not properly installed (CM CPU fan that is). One possibility is that fan itself is not working and BIOS is refusing to start computer without working fan. To check for that, mount CM on but connect the Zalman fan to CPU_Fan om the MB.

Solution
Jun 18, 2018
Not too sure what exactly happened, but I plugged in the zalman, and it booted properly leading to 3 options, 2 reboots and 1 bios. Turned it off and placed the CM in, and booted into the same state. All worked normally now, thank you