[SOLVED] New CPU+GPU+PSU installed, games not loading fast

Jul 18, 2021
I just installed a some new components (ryzen 7 3700x/geforce 1660 super/650w psu) on my friends previously prebuilt PC. We installed the up to date graphics drivers. Everything loads up fine and boots quickly but when we tried to run any game it would take ages to load up. The games were installed before the new components were put in on the hard drive without windows on it which is an M.2 SSD. I noticed in the task manager that the games loading up would say high power usage but we installed a 650w PSU. We also tried to download a game to the hard drive with windows on it but realized the game was taking forever to download as well. We ran a speedtest and got 150 download/12 upload speeds. We ran a userbenchmark and got those results. We aren't sure where to go from here and would greatly appreciate any feedback as to solve this issue. Thanks

Solution
Found out the solution. The M.2 ssd was fried after the installation. Not sure how as we didn't touch it but he installed the games on the SATA SSD and it worked fine.
You have 23% CPU background usage That is almost 2.5 cores doing something .
Go to Task manager and turn off all items in startup besides Sound drivers and windows services, Malware protection etc....
Then run the benchmark again.

Your memory is running at 2400 instead of 3200. See if you can change it in the bios.

Jul 18, 2021
Found out the solution. The M.2 ssd was fried after the installation. Not sure how as we didn't touch it but he installed the games on the SATA SSD and it worked fine.

Solution