New cpu. Having major issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

The Hobo

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Hello all. First I'd like to say pardon my spelling and or grammar. I'm on my phone with this atm due to my pc not working, we'll get to that.

So. I got a new cpu today. I just finished putting it in and then i plugged everything back in and tried to turn it on. My mouse, keyboard and screen would not turn on after turning on my pc. My pc then would restart itself after about 60 seconds. Im assuming it's in the black console screen with the F(#) keys for options but idk cuz i cant see the screen. Ive tried everything from what i know. I've tried checking all cables. Asking friends. They gave my suggestions and i did them but still no luck. Keep in mind my old cpu that i was just using this morning was working just fine with my keyboard, mouse and screen. As soon as i try this new cpu all of a sudden none of that is working. The new cpu i got is "i5 4690" my old one is "i5 4440" my motherboard is an Asrock "H81M-HDS" someone please help me. I paid 350 dollars for this