Question NEW CPU INSTALLED, CPU FAN ERROR, CPU Over voltage error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2019
Hey, I'm having weird issues with my computer after about 3 months of building it! One day I turned it on and got and error stating :

NEW CPU INSTALLED
CPU FAN ERROR
CPU Over voltage error
Press f1 to continue...

Then after pressing f1 it goes to bios, I'm not sure what to do any suggestions?

PC SPECS:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
8 GB RAM 2666 (2x4)
ASUS PRIME b450 A/CSM
Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR Edition
EVGA 600W BQ

If images are needed please ask!

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
cpu fan error means your cpu cooling fan is not operating or not detected. When you go in to bios is the cpu detected and shown in bios? I would try and see if the cpu power cable is seated correctly. Perhaps pull the power cable it and reseat it. If this does not correct problem I would pull cpu check it for damage and reseat it.

Feb 11, 2019
cpu fan error means your cpu cooling fan is not operating or not detected. When you go in to bios is the cpu detected and shown in bios? I would try and see if the cpu power cable is seated correctly. Perhaps pull the power cable it and reseat it. If this does not correct problem I would pull cpu check it for damage and reseat it.

Took my PC apart several times got the same error as well as still getting it after bios update.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
From what I can see from the voltages is that your psu is putting out too much voltage. That is why the voltages are in red. Except for 12v which is over voltded by 4 volts, they are almost double what they should be. I would try a different psu and see if your motherboard comes back to life.

Reactions: cerealkeller
Feb 11, 2019
From what I can see from the voltages is that your psu is putting out too much voltage. That is why the voltages are in red. Except for 12v which is over voltded by 4 volts, they are almost double what they should be. I would try a different psu and see if your motherboard comes back to life.

Put a new PSU in getting the same results as of now. Gonna let it relax for a bit and check back tomorrow!

Jonas Taelman

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
Look up the usual cpu voltages and set them yourself. Maybe the motherboard interpreted it the wrong way. Also, maybe try downloading the latest BIOS. Flash it again. It might've installed wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.