Question new cpu installed ftpm nv corrupted Message

Nov 28, 2021
On a new build, I did a bios update using a Ryzen 5 1600 and then changed cpus to a Ryzen 5 5600g. After doing so I started up the computer and got the following message:

new cpu installed ftpm nv corrupted.

Press y to reset ftpm. If you have bitlocker or encryption enabled the system will not not without a recovery key.

press n to keep previous ftpm record. And continue system reboot. Ftpm will not enable in new cpu. You can swap back to the old cpu to B recover tpm related keys and date.

I’ve got windows 10 loaded on the computer.

I’m not sure what to do and any advice would be appreciated.

Nov 28, 2021
Thanks for your response.
I don’t know about turning on the ftpm. After building it, we downloaded windows 10 via flash drive using the new cpu. At that time there wasn’t anything that was being displayed on the monitor. That’s when we changed to an old cpu to download bios. It was after that, when we changed cpus again back to the new one and got the message.

Sorry I can’t give any more information. I’m building it with my teenage son and we have very little experience doing this.
Thanks again.

Thanks for your response.
I don’t know about turning on the ftpm. After building it, we downloaded windows 10 via flash drive using the new cpu. At that time there wasn’t anything that was being displayed on the monitor. That’s when we changed to an old cpu to download bios. It was after that, when we changed cpus again back to the new one and got the message.

Sorry I can’t give any more information. I’m building it with my teenage son and we have very little experience doing this.
Thanks again.
Need to know which MB and memory at least.
W10 doesn't need TPM module so fTPM can be turned off.

Reactions: rgd1101
Nov 28, 2021
Need to know which MB and memory at least.
W10 doesn't need TPM module so fTPM can be turned off.
Thanks for your response. It’s 32 GB of ram at 3600 mhz.
My teenage son is building it. Brings teenager, he wants to click yes on the message thinking all will be okay. I think we’ll try to put in the old cpu in the new build and check for messages. There weren’t any messages before. Should we put the new cpu in another computer and turn off the encryption on the cpu and then install it on the new build? I don’t know if that’s a good idea or possible.