[SOLVED] New CPU, no display, & keyboard and mouse aren't working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

groiss98

Prominent
Dec 14, 2022
Hi guys, About a month ago I've upgraded my GPU 3060TI everything worked well but since I had ryzen 5 2600x it was bottlenecking my gpu, so Ive upgraded my cpu to ryzen 9 5900x.
Before installing new CPU ive updated BIOS it went smoothly pc turned on back on, so I turned it off and installed new cpu, The problem now is after changing cpu putting everything back together gpu works fans spin, but Monitor doesn't display and keyboard either mouse arent working.
any advice?

My spec
GPU 3060TI
CPU Ryzen 9 5900X
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
Power Supply 850.

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
It sounds like you may have a hardware compatibility issue with your new CPU and motherboard. Since you mentioned that your keyboard and mouse are not working, it is possible that the BIOS did not properly recognize the new CPU and is not providing power to the appropriate hardware. In this situation, I would recommend trying the following steps:
  1. Disconnect all external devices (keyboard, mouse, etc.) from your computer and try to boot it up again. If the BIOS recognizes the new CPU, it may be able to boot without any additional input.
  2. If the computer still does not boot, try clearing the BIOS settings by removing the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes, then reinserting it and trying to boot again. This can sometimes reset the BIOS and allow it to recognize new hardware.
  3. If the computer still does not boot, try updating the BIOS to the latest version to ensure compatibility with the new CPU. You can typically do this by downloading the latest BIOS update from the manufacturer's website and following their instructions for installation.
  4. If none of these steps work, it is possible that there is a hardware compatibility issue between the new CPU and the motherboard. In this case, you may need to contact the manufacturer or a computer technician for assistance.

Reactions: groiss98
It sounds like you may have a hardware compatibility issue with your new CPU and motherboard. Since you mentioned that your keyboard and mouse are not working, it is possible that the BIOS did not properly recognize the new CPU and is not providing power to the appropriate hardware. In this situation, I would recommend trying the following steps:
  1. Disconnect all external devices (keyboard, mouse, etc.) from your computer and try to boot it up again. If the BIOS recognizes the new CPU, it may be able to boot without any additional input.
  2. If the computer still does not boot, try clearing the BIOS settings by removing the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes, then reinserting it and trying to boot again. This can sometimes reset the BIOS and allow it to recognize new hardware.
  3. If the computer still does not boot, try updating the BIOS to the latest version to ensure compatibility with the new CPU. You can typically do this by downloading the latest BIOS update from the manufacturer's website and following their instructions for installation.
  4. If none of these steps work, it is possible that there is a hardware compatibility issue between the new CPU and the motherboard. In this case, you may need to contact the manufacturer or a computer technician for assistance.
Been on the support site and don’t see any BIOS update for adding support for 5000 series chips

groiss98

Prominent
Dec 14, 2022
You were right, bios wasn’t recognising new cpu.. Thanks for help! 👊🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.