Question New CPU not supported ?

Jul 25, 2024
i have LGA 1155 socket with a Pentium G2030 CPU and Windows 10 32-bit.
When i changed the CPU to an i7-2700K and turned PC on, I get an error of "Unsupported CPU installed"
and it will automatticlly power down , and then the PC shuts down.

I checked and the CPU should be supported by this socket so I'm thinking it's the 32-bit OS because the new CPU is 64-bit ?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of the motherboard? If it's a prebuilt, you might want to make sure you mention the make and model of the prebuilt alongside it's SKU. Stating the socket is pretty vague and we can't help with vague info in order to troubleshoot, just an FYI.

Jul 25, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of the motherboard? If it's a prebuilt, you might want to make sure you mention the make and model of the prebuilt alongside it's SKU. Stating the socket is pretty vague and we can't help with vague info in order to troubleshoot, just an FYI.
thanks you for the welcome, u can tell i am noob:)
the pc is pre built hp pro 3500 series mt P3500M/G2030/500ha/4v/8f HE with the serial number TRF33608MT The product number is D1V81EA#ABT.
and i think the sku is D5R67EA.
these are all the numbers that i can find.

Jul 25, 2024
Your original bios may need an update to support a i7-2700K.
Look at the specs of your pc.
Is a i7-2700K one possible option?
Often entry level motherboards do not have the capability to run higher powered processors.
hp bios support for this pc is only for win 7 but i downloaded win 10 , so i dont know where to find the proper bios.
so should i try to changing the motherboard?