New CPU or Graphics card to make my game sexier?

ISuckAtComputers

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
So for my birthday I decided I would get myself a sexy computer upgrade for gaming, My question is, Why Do I lag? I have the AX3470-EB358 Asus acer computer, It ran games perfectly when I got it but lately I seem to lag A LOT, My Ghz It was 2.4 when I got it now its 2.2, which I think is okay, and I have a radeon HD6530D, Also I ran skyrim perfectly At high quality now barely at low quality, what is making it lose its magic touch? IS it the CPU or is my graphics card worn out? If not What in baby jesus is going on?!

Specs:
Operating system: windows 8 64 Bit (6.2, build 9200)
Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Asus x3470
BIOS: 8/10/2012
CPU: AMD-QUAD-A6-3620 APU 2.2ghz
Graphics card of sexiness: AMD Radeon 6530D (Comes with the processor)
RAM: 8gb and 6gb available
Video card memory: 4gb

I hope this is enough for you guys to help me out, Also I can upgrade anything but please try to keep it under $150 since I cant spend money (Saving up for PS4)

oczdude8

Distinguished
only baby jesus can lower the ghz of you system. you cpu is a 2.2 ghz with the ability to boost its speed to 2.5ghz. if you were able to play before and now you cant, i'd say its because ur cpu isn't boosting.
Why? most likely, it is really dusty and the cpu is not getting enough cooling to handle skyrim.

pop open the cover and see if the cpu is dusty. if not, either its a software issue or you did something to anger baby jesus.:).

ISuckAtComputers

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Alright.... One last thing bob, Mind searching another cpu that has a graphics card combined under $150? I really dont know how to tell if it will work or no since... well............ Read my username :I

the video card will have the largest increase in performance. But the power supply may not handle it. The ati 6770 would be minimum, but it suggest a 450 watt power supply. By your specs you have 200 watt power supply.

edit: i would strongly suggest turning the computer into a gaming computer, and not get a ps4. A ps4 just cannot compare to a computer. And the ps4 will have fees to play online. A pc is free to play online (most games).

AMD A10-6800K with a on-board HD 8670D is STILL far slower than a 6770 video card. For gaming, it should be nothing less than a ati 6770. Again the video card will be the largest increase in gaming speed.

I'll give you an example: I had an old AMD x2 4000+ cpu (slower than yours) paired with a ATI 5830 video card. Games like skyrim/oblivion ran 30 to 60fps on high settings. (screen is 1680 by 1080). larger the resolution, the more power you want.

ISuckAtComputers

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I understand that but, Its happenned that A game requires 2.4ghz, I will have 2.2ghz, Meaning the game wont run, And for that I need a cpu for the Ghz is that right? So Getting a graphics card will do what?..... Thats what is boggling me

PC-MAN

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

With out a gpu you cant play a game...

Kingbob

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
If you played oblivion, the battle outside of a city, where 3 portals are suppose to open. That battle would lag abit with my x2 4000+(2.1ghz) and 5830 video card (my cpu is weak). The rest of the game, with some hi-end graphic add=on mod, has no issues. Again, that X2 cpu is a 2.1ghz dual core cpu.

My new cpu Intel 4570 with the same video card, clocks over 80 fps. No lag anywhere. If running 1680 by 1080 with a video card like my 5830 and the old x2 cpu, it will be good enough for high settings in most games.

Cpt Underpants

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
The suggestions on this thread are all over the place. It's getting out of hand imo. It's clear the op is very inexperienced and is going along with whatever assumptions we are making.

I think that we all know discrete gfx cards, even low tier ones (relative to current gen), will outperform integrated chipsets. Also, the difference of 0.2 Ghz in cpu performance is negligible and most definitely is not behind your needing to drop from high quality to low quality settings. Sure, having a faster processor would also be nice, but given the required motherboard upgrade that would have to accompany a cpu upgrade, it is not feasible within a $150 budget.

Within this budget, nothing will improve game performance more than introducing a discrete graphics card to the system and eliminating the use of an outdated integrated gpu.

I agree Computertech82, a 6770 (or similarly priced card) will have the greatest effect on your gaming capabilities. Do not buy a new cpu + mobo whatever you do.

ISuckAtComputers

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
To Both computertech and Cpt Underpants, May naked baby jesus bless you both with lots of candy because thats What I wanted to hear, Not a "well you could do this but you could do that" I wanted to hear "you need this to improve gaming" I thank you all for helping me here I will look for a graphics card that works on my current Motherboard and end of case. Once again Thank you Underpants and everyone who helped

The problem with having only 200 watt power supply, the low-end video cards that only need that much, will be close to what you have now....aka not worth it.
Unfortunately the best option is getting a new power supply (at least a 450 watt) and a video card. (like from newegg.com).

Cpt Underpants

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013

^+1 very true. However, a quality power supply is something you can use for many builds to come, not just this one. I like to place power supplies, cases, monitors and other peripherals as "hard" pieces of hardware that do not get outdated or 'old' the same as "soft hardware" like cpu/gpus, ram, mobo, gfx cards etc that get outdated after a few years of new releases.