Daniel545

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2015
Hello, basically as the title says. After replacing the CPU from Ryzen 5 5600 for Ryzen 9 5900X the ide temps are between 80-90 degrees. The PC was working great before I replaced the CPU.
Things I have tried
  • reinstalling the AIO cooler multiple times, with different thermal paste patterns. No difference in temperature overall.
  • tried powering on the computer without the cooler connected to see if it could be a pump problem. Temps immediately went to 90 after couple of seconds, so I assume the pump works (maybe). I can feel some vibrations on hoses and on the pump itself, but I dont know if it is the pump spinning or vibrations are produced by other components
  • There are no protective foils left anywhere
I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Is there a way to see if the pump is going bad? After examining the AIO I found out the pump is really hot, also one hose gets hot and the other remains cold, also one side of the radiator gets hot, while the other side is cold.

It is hard to believe I broke the AIO just by replacing the CPU, but I dont know what else to look for. Any ideas what this could be? Is Corsair H100X enough for cooling down a Ryzen 9 5900X or should I look for a different cooler?

PC specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x (Ryzen 5 5600 before)
Cooler: Corsair H100X High Performance
Mobo: ASUS ROG B550 F gaming
GPU: AORUS RTX 3070
PSU: Corsair RM750x
RAM: 32gb Corsair vengeance DDR4

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard? How is the AIO mounted in your case? Make and model of your case? If the AIO's pump block has an air lock, you can remove the entire AIO from the case, have the pump dangling by it's own weight and then shake the block as well as the entire radiator assembly to dislodge the air lock in the pump.

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
I would just advice if ur running on Windows 11, disable Windows Search from Services.msc then head on to Windows Power Settings on Control Panel, choose an plan then hit advanced settings of that plan, scroll down Processor Management, reduce to %99 max and min to %5. This will turn off unneeded turbo mode of your CPU as it is pretty useless these days since CPU are fast enough.

Get HWinfo64 and track temps. This is the software I recommend tracking temps. Set up alarms in hwinfo to get to know when CPU reaches certain temp. It is an awesome tool really.