[SOLVED] New Cpu, Pc startup but no bios no keyboard leds, NOTHING

Sep 14, 2019
So since I had bought a new 5700xt I was noticing fps drops and did some digging and saw my cpu was the problem so I did a slight upgrade, from a ryzen 5 1600x to a ryzen 5 3600, and I did everything correctly when installing yet for some reason the entire pc is on but nothing on my monitors or keyboard is showing up?

Solution
B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC BIOS : 7A34vHKM (7A34vHKQ now)<--------------

This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
  • Update AMD ComboPI1.0.0.3a
  • Support Ryzen 3000 series CPU.
Ryzen 9 3900X/Ryzen 7 3800X/Ryzen 7 3700X/Ryzen 5 3600X/Ryzen 5 3600/Ryzen 5 3400G/Ryzen 3 3200G
- Change BIOS UI to click BIOS(GSE-Lite) mode.

As you can see for your motherboard to support the Ryzen 3600 you have to install the latest BIOS which is the 7A34vHKQ. It's HKQ because this is a beta BIOS and the M is now a Q but you need this BIOS.

The version you updated to is a version from the date 2019 january. The Ryzen 3600 wasn't out at that date and only a BIOS version at a later date would work. So the...
Apr 5, 2020
So since I had bought a new 5700xt I was noticing fps drops and did some digging and saw my cpu was the problem so I did a slight upgrade, from a ryzen 5 1600x to a ryzen 5 3600, and I did everything correctly when installing yet for some reason the entire pc is on but nothing on my monitors or keyboard is showing up?
All system specs would be helpful.

Apr 5, 2020
You’re right my bad
Vengeance 16gb ddr4
Xfx 5700xt raw 2
Ryzen 5 3600
Msi B450 Tomahawk
750w power supply
Im betting that your mobos bios dont support the new processor so i recommend updating bios to the latest and see if it works.

WARNING: If you are unfamiliar with updating BIOS research the topic with care to avoid bricking your motherboard in the process, and UPS is something i would HIGHLY recommend during a BIOS update and obviously if there is even a minor chance of a power outage on your area DONT DO IT.

Sep 14, 2019
Im betting that your mobos bios dont support the new processor so i recommend updating bios to the latest and see if it works.

WARNING: If you are unfamiliar with updating BIOS research the topic with care to avoid bricking your motherboard in the process, and UPS is something i would HIGHLY recommend during a BIOS update and obviously if there is even a minor chance of a power outage on your area DONT DO IT.
Ok I updated the latest bio put the new cpu back in and nothing has changed

In my experience, when trying to POST with an incompatible CPU and it fails, it is sometimes neccessary to clear CMOS even with the original CPU reinstalled, which is known to be working and has previously been in use on the same motherboard, in order to make the system POST again

So I would suggest you try to clear CMOS and see if it helps return things to normal

Reactions: JerT
Sep 14, 2019
In my experience, when trying to POST with an incompatible CPU and it fails, it is sometimes neccessary to clear CMOS even with the original CPU reinstalled, and is know to be working and has previously been in use on the same motherboard, in order to make the system POST again

So I would suggest you try to clear CMOS and see if it helps return things to normal
Sorry not much of an expert on this stuff, I know how to do the jumper thing with the CMOS but should I do it with the New Cpu in (Not working) or the old one (Works fine)?

Revert everything to the setup which was originally working.

Clear CMOS with the jumper, or by disconnecting all power and removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes. Put the battery back, reconnect power and boot.

Once your system is back to normal again, perform the required BIOS update (with the "old" working CPU).

After the BIOS update, put back the new CPU - it should now be possible to boot with the new CPU because of added CPU support for your new CPU in the updated BIOS revision

EDIT :

I highly recommend flashing the BIOS from a USB thumb drive, starting the backup procedure with the current BIOS built-in flashing procedure.
Updating the BIOS from within Windows, has a very high rate of errors, often bricking the motherboard completely

Last edited:
Reactions: JerT
Sep 14, 2019
Revert everything to the setup which was originally working.

Clear CMOS with the jumper, or by disconnecting all power and removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes. Put the battery back, reconnect power and boot.

Once your system is back to normal again, perform the required BIOS update (with the "old" working CPU).

After the BIOS update, put back the new CPU - it should now be possible to boot with the new CPU because of added CPU support for your new CPU in the updated BIOS revision

EDIT :

I highly recommend flashing the BIOS from a USB thumb drive, starting the backup procedure with the current BIOS built-in flashing procedure.
Updating the BIOS from within Windows, has a very high rate of errors, often bricking the motherboard completely
Alright so I didn’t know how to setup a Backup Bios update so when it comes to the screen where it asks run setup or go to default do I do the default option?

Sep 14, 2019
My build is:
b450 tomahawk arctic
Xfx 5700xt
Vengeance 16gb ddr4
OLD ryzen 5 1600x
NEW ryzen 5 3600
750w Evga
I had an earlier post about this but wasn’t getting anymore responses
So I was seeing with the 1600x I was staying at the same frames as my 580, so I decided to upgrade, I updated my bios put the new cpu in wasn’t working tried a multitude of things to fix it, nothing, someone told me it could be the cpu itself so I got a new one.

That apparently wasn’t the case and now im the same spot, I’ve reset cmos with the new cpu in there, I moved the ram to other spots and I cant figure this out... any help?

Ryzen 9 3900X/Ryzen 7 3800X/Ryzen 7 3700X/Ryzen 5 3600X/Ryzen 5 3600/Ryzen 5 3400G/Ryzen 3 3200G

As you can see for your motherboard to support the Ryzen 3600 you have to install the latest BIOS which is the 7A34vHKQ. It's HKQ because this is a beta BIOS and the M is now a Q but you need this BIOS.

The version you updated to is a version from the date 2019 january. The Ryzen 3600 wasn't out at that date and only a BIOS version at a later date would work. So the latest one. (7A34vHKQ)

Solution
Sep 14, 2019

The version you updated to is a version from the date 2019 january. The Ryzen 3600 wasn't out at that date and only a BIOS version at a later date would work. So the latest one. (7A34vHKQ)
Ohhh, man I have asked so many people and they’ve only gave me half answers, thanks for looking into this im still new to this, im going to try this now thanks much!