[SOLVED] New CPU problem

Oct 15, 2021
Heya.
I just received my Ryzen 7 5700G and plopped it into my BIOS updated B450 Elite but something's off since I can't turn the PC on. The CPU led on the MB blinks once and my GPU fans spin a little when I try to power it up and that's it. I checked every cable, reinstalled the CPU, followed the manual closely but it still doesn't want to come to life. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G
MB: Aorus B450 Elite (BIOS updated to F61)
RAM: 16Gigs DDR4
PSU: 700W

Solution
Alright, now I'm completely lost because I asked said PC place and they told me it was in fact the latest version (meaning F62) that they installed. Any ideas on what else must be causing the problem?
Reset your CMOS

There's three ways, do all three: short the reset pins, remove battery for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then once you get into BIOS find a setting to LOAD DEFAULT SETTINGS.

Is your 'PC place' local? if so and this doesn't fix it, take it in to them and ask them to help. Their idea of 'latest version' and what the motherboard vendor provides may be different since the 5600/5700G APU's are so new.
Oct 15, 2021
That's rather weird since the PC place I took my MB to said they updated it to the latest BIOS version that came out in July, but that's the F62 so I probably just remembered F61 wrong. I don't know what next tho. I'll contact them and ask to make sure but if they told me they installed the latest version and they put a F61 instead I'll be mad.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021
Alright, now I'm completely lost because I asked said PC place and they told me it was in fact the latest version (meaning F62) that they installed. Any ideas on what else must be causing the problem?

What is the make/model of your ram?
Is it a single kit?
Ryzen is picky about ram.
Check that your ram is on the motherboard ram support QVL list, or that it is explicitly supported by the ram vendor.
FWIW, F63d bios update is now available. But it does not indicate fixing your issue.
F62 was available 2021/07/22

Reset your CMOS

There's three ways, do all three: short the reset pins, remove battery for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then once you get into BIOS find a setting to LOAD DEFAULT SETTINGS.

Is your 'PC place' local? if so and this doesn't fix it, take it in to them and ask them to help. Their idea of 'latest version' and what the motherboard vendor provides may be different since the 5600/5700G APU's are so new.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Oct 15, 2021
Update: I was messing around with disconnecting some stuff before I try to run the PC and also removed the CMOS for a minute then placed it back and now I'm able to start the PC but there's no visuals. All 4 error leds on the MB light up once one-by-one and everything seems to run other than the fact that my monitor isn't getting anything to work with

Also I have a Chieftec GPS700-A8 PSU and 2x8GBs ADATA Xpg 3000-hunter

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Oct 15, 2021
Update numero dos: I found a similar thread and they tried assembling the MB with just the bare minimums (CPU, cooler, PSU) and it worked for them, so I tried the same and I got it running too. Then I started putting in everything one by one and now I'm up and running. I'm really confused as to what was the problem but everything seems okay now, so I guess thats that.
Thanks for all your time and effort! I'll post if something seems off again.
See ya!

Reactions: drea.drechsler