[SOLVED] New CPU - Stream lagging, game high fps.

Shaaxy

Prominent
Aug 25, 2019
So I just got myself a new CPU. I7-10700k.

Before I had a i7-4770s

Now when I stream I have 400 fps in game, though my stream is fully lagging, my internet has nothing to do with it at all.

If I cap my fps to eg. 144 ingame, the stream doesn't lag. It is only when I have uncapped fps, What could fix this problem? So I can run more fps without the stream lagging?

- Shaaxy

Solution
Now when I stream I have 400 fps in game, though my stream is fully lagging, my internet has nothing to do with it at all.
Windows works on a priority basis, if two tasks have the same priority it will give a higher priority to what is in focus (selected window=game) ,the other task is neglected and even gets CPU cycles stolen.
If you use OBS go to advanced setting find task priority and put it to the highest value so that windows knows that you want it to keep running normally even if you are focused on something else.
If you are using geforce shadowplay open task manager sort by cpu usage find the nvcontainer.exe with the highest CPU usage and put that to a high priority, you can even go real-time since shadowplay only uses a...
Feb 28, 2021

Before I had a i7-4770s

If I cap my fps to eg. 144 ingame, the stream doesn't lag. It is only when I have uncapped fps, What could fix this problem? So I can run more fps without the stream lagging?

- Shaaxy
Your game performance will not increase with the new processor because most of that happens on the card anyway. So with the card the same and the internet bandwidth equal there will be little improvement. You also did not improve anything on the board or your ram etc. Always remember that to get the real improvement out of a new cpu you need all the pipelines on the board to be able to run at the new speed, so now your board is holding back the new cpu. All that said your issue might be unrelated to that so try deleting your video drivers and reinstalling new ones, the card maker may have better instructions for your new cpu. Good luck

Reactions: Shaaxy

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Your game performance will not increase with the new processor because most of that happens on the card anyway. So with the card the same and the internet bandwidth equal there will be little improvement. You also did not improve anything on the board or your ram etc. Always remember that to get the real improvement out of a new cpu you need all the pipelines on the board to be able to run at the new speed, so now your board is holding back the new cpu. All that said your issue might be unrelated to that so try deleting your video drivers and reinstalling new ones, the card maker may have better instructions for your new cpu. Good luck
Really? he had to get a new board and memory to go from a 4770 to a 10700?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Before I had a i7-4770s

- Shaaxy
Cap your FPS do you need 400FPS no.
You did do a fresh install of windows with the hardware change correct? If not that is the first place to start.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

This yet again makes no sense, move along.

Windows works on a priority basis, if two tasks have the same priority it will give a higher priority to what is in focus (selected window=game) ,the other task is neglected and even gets CPU cycles stolen.
If you use OBS go to advanced setting find task priority and put it to the highest value so that windows knows that you want it to keep running normally even if you are focused on something else.
If you are using geforce shadowplay open task manager sort by cpu usage find the nvcontainer.exe with the highest CPU usage and put that to a high priority, you can even go real-time since shadowplay only uses a very small amount of CPU.

Solution