[SOLVED] New CPU??

Jun 7, 2020
I want to upgrade my PC with a new CPU and I was thinking of buying an I7-10700K or 10700KF. Which would be better? I have a 1060 6GB GPU and I want to know will the K edition benefit me in any way or should I just save some money and go with KF? One other possibility is to buy a i5-10600KF or K. Is the i7 better for purely gaming or just a waste of money?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Thanks for the answer. I also thought the i5 would be better for only gaming but I am worried about the future side of this CPU. I would like to be sure that the CPU I buy now is capable of running games in 3-5 years from now. That is why I thought about i7 for the extra cores and threads.
"Future proofing", as a lot of people call it, is a tough topic. No one can really predict the future needs of games, but I would say that even in 3-5 years, games would still be comfortable on a 6c12t.

ps. the K and KF price difference is about 50e where I live, so maybe going with KF?
For sure.
KF just means no integrated graphics. Whether its needed is up to you. Generally, troubleshooting is easier with iGPU, but you get a tad less OC headroom. And the 10600K/KF is a much better buy for just gaming, especially if you OC. There is a tiny difference stock to stock, but generally its not worth the much higher cost for the 10700K/KF. Put the money you save from that towards a better GPU.

Jun 7, 2020
KF just means no integrated graphics. Whether its needed is up to you. Generally, troubleshooting is easier with iGPU, but you get a tad less OC headroom. And the 10600K/KF is a much better buy for just gaming, especially if you OC. There is a tiny difference stock to stock, but generally its not worth the much higher cost for the 10700K/KF. Put the money you save from that towards a better GPU.
Thanks for the answer. I also thought the i5 would be better for only gaming but I am worried about the future side of this CPU. I would like to be sure that the CPU I buy now is capable of running games in 3-5 years from now. That is why I thought about i7 for the extra cores and threads.

ps. the K and KF price difference is about 50e where I live, so maybe going with KF?

"Future proofing", as a lot of people call it, is a tough topic. No one can really predict the future needs of games, but I would say that even in 3-5 years, games would still be comfortable on a 6c12t.

For sure.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
I want to upgrade my PC with a new CPU and I was thinking of buying an I7-10700K or 10700KF. Which would be better? I have a 1060 6GB GPU and I want to know will the K edition benefit me in any way or should I just save some money and go with KF? One other possibility is to buy a i5-10600KF or K. Is the i7 better for purely gaming or just a waste of money?

Thank you in advance!
Of course a new motherboard and possibly new RAM will be required for this new CPU.