New Custom Gaming PC + WIndows 7

Barristan Selmy

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
Hello.

I currently have a gaming laptop, but I'm running into some problems with it (physically falling apart and running slowly). I've decided it is time to upgrade and I want to move to a gaming desktop. I've heard it is cheaper and better overall to build your own custom gaming desktop opposed to buying a gaming desktop pre-built. I know which parts I would need to assemble my PC. However, I am clueless when it comes to how to actually put them all together. How could I learn how to do this and how easy or hard is it to learn? Also, are there any computer shops or stores that would assemble it for me for a price if I provided the parts?

My second question has to do with the operating system. Is there any way possible that I could get Windows 7 on my new PC? I am not a fan of Windows 10 personally.

Solution
Hello, Barristan Selmy.

I have assembled my first PC (The old one, around 3-4 years ago) and my new Gaming PC Setup and everything. It's not too hard, but requires a little skill. There are tons of tutorials on internet, you can search some like: "How to assemble Gaming PC", "How to make Gaming PC Setup" or something like that.

My biggest problem is one - The cable management... You must decide every wire and cable where will be and to NOT STOP Air in the case. + If your Case have a side window, it will be good to look nice, not big ball of cables and wires inside.

For OS (Operating System) I am using now Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit for my current Gaming PC (i7 6700K, GTX 980Ti, 16GB RAM . . .) and 6-7 years ago (For my all old PCs...

RaAshi

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Hello!

First of all, let me tell that I faced the same problems when I tried making my own pc! You can buy the pieces you need and there a lot of youtube videos which demonstrate step by step the build-up procedure. If you face problems you can run into a computer store and ask them to build your pc by giving some extra money. As for the operating system you need to check the motherboard version and if it is compatible with windows 7!

VideoklipBG

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Hello, Barristan Selmy.

I have assembled my first PC (The old one, around 3-4 years ago) and my new Gaming PC Setup and everything. It's not too hard, but requires a little skill. There are tons of tutorials on internet, you can search some like: "How to assemble Gaming PC", "How to make Gaming PC Setup" or something like that.

My biggest problem is one - The cable management... You must decide every wire and cable where will be and to NOT STOP Air in the case. + If your Case have a side window, it will be good to look nice, not big ball of cables and wires inside.

For OS (Operating System) I am using now Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit for my current Gaming PC (i7 6700K, GTX 980Ti, 16GB RAM . . .) and 6-7 years ago (For my all old PCs, Laptops, ect.)

But I recommend to use Windows 8.1, just becouse Windows 7 is... Old and... It depends upon the components you have. Your Motherboard can require Win 10 to work properly, your Graphic Drivers too, or the Chipset Drivers, ect.

I don't like Windows 10, and I do not want to use it maybe the next half or one year. I like Windows 8, it's compatible with all of the new games, yes, Win 10 can be better for some games (For example 2 or 3 of 1,000 Games)... But I like Win 7 and Win 8.1. My Recommendations (My Opinion) - Windows 8.1;

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I don't speak very well, but... :D
I hope this helps you! :)

Solution