New custom PC wont work

cornart

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I finished building my custom pc and I tried using it but the monitor wasn't working. I hooked it to a TV and everything worked fine, I downloaded windows 10 pro on it and connected it back to my monitor that only has a VGA port and it still didn't work. I checked the monitor on my old pc and everything worked fine. I dont know what to do plz help me. I have a GEFORCE GTX 1050 GPU, B250M PRO-VD. I also have a CPU HDD and all the stuff you would need for a computer. I didn't install anything else except the windows.

Solution
I'm going to assume your computer is working just not the video by what your describing? Are you plugging into your motherboard or the video card? My guess is you plugged your TV in with HDMI to the GPU and then your VGA monitor into the motherboard. Most modern GPU's don't have a VGA port. You can buy a VGA to HDMI adaptor for pretty cheap if you can't afford a new monitor. If you have a GPU install your PC automatically uses that for the video instead of the CPU. Until you buy the adaptor/new monitor you can either remove the GPU and use the motherboard graphics or you go into the BIOS and change the settings to use the onboard video until then.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
I'm going to assume your computer is working just not the video by what your describing? Are you plugging into your motherboard or the video card? My guess is you plugged your TV in with HDMI to the GPU and then your VGA monitor into the motherboard. Most modern GPU's don't have a VGA port. You can buy a VGA to HDMI adaptor for pretty cheap if you can't afford a new monitor. If you have a GPU install your PC automatically uses that for the video instead of the CPU. Until you buy the adaptor/new monitor you can either remove the GPU and use the motherboard graphics or you go into the BIOS and change the settings to use the onboard video until then.

Solution