Question New D-Link G415 Eagle Pro AI router settings ?

Aug 25, 2023
hello guys , i need some help with my new router since its also mobile router and i use it as mobile.
First of all i have problems with firewall , what should i open ? and also do i need to make ipv4 ipv6 rules ? or the settings are all good enough?
this settings is good ? please help me , thank you.

i just made some changes due ..

IPV4 / IPV6 RULES ITS : Turn IPv6 Filtering OFF MODE

INTERNET SECURE DNS ALSO ENABLE.

security mode : WP2-personal ENABLE
IPv4 Multicast Streams DISABLE
IPv6 Multicast Streams DISABLE
DHCP Server enable
DNS : enable
UPnP enable

SIPenable
PPTP:Enabled
IPSec (VPN):Enabled
RTSP:Enabled
IPv6 Ingress Filtering:enable
Enable SPI IPv4:Enabled
Enable Anti-spoof Checking:Enabled
IPv6 Simple SecurityEnabled

Last edited by a moderator:
In general it won't matter.

First it depends on what you mean "mobile". If it mean that it run on the cell network then you will not likely be getting public IP addresses. If you are connecting to some private network like a hotel then you also will not get a public IP.

Almost all the feature feature you have turned on are trying to solve issues that you have because your router is running NAT. BUT none of this matters if you do not have a public IP to begin with. SIP for example is used for issue you have with voice over IP calls.
A lot of the feature are window dressing that really do nothing for anyone. Nobody uses stuff like IPSEC for vpn. RTPS and SIP are also not used since modern version are encrypted and features like these on a router even if they exist can not work on encrypted traffic.

By default your internal devices are protected without any kind of firewall because of the NAT. In addition when you do not have a public IP you have another layer of protection in router before yours that also runs NAT.

Most firewalls in consumer routers are purely there for marketing gimmicks. They sound complex and cool but actually do nothing in most cases. Most times they do not hurt to have on but in some cases they can affect the performance on a very fast internet connection.

Aug 25, 2023
what u mean my friend , i ask for help cause i dont know some settings good to set.. if u know somthing , just help ,

Aug 25, 2023
yes @Ralston18 and the settings are up ! do u know somthing to help me about settings firewall , on router ? are these settings correct to protect me ?
thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
By "the settings are up!" do you mean that the router is simply configured with the default values?

Per @bill001g (Post #2):

"Most firewalls in consumer routers are purely there for marketing gimmicks. They sound complex and cool but actually do nothing in most cases. Most times they do not hurt to have on but in some cases they can affect the performance on a very fast internet connection."
If you changed any router and/or firewall configuration settings then more information is needed.

Make a list of the settings in use and why you choose those settings.

Post here.

And on your computer also run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post those results as well. You should be able to copy and paste the results without needing to retype it all.