Question New Desktop Tower

Aug 3, 2024
I am upgrading my desktop tower. Just upgrading, not getting a new tower.
Only the motherboard, CPU, RAM and fan are new.

The new tower will have the following:

CPU (new)
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
(or should I just get 7600x, is the RAM and Mobo still compatible?)

Motherboard (new)
Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM5 Motherboard

RAM (new)
TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory

GPU
RTX 2080

PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+ 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

FAN (new)
Thermalright Frozen Edge 69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Are all these compatible and does it make sense in a price-performance ratio? I looked at PCpartspicker and I got warnings.

Is it easy to install? I put together my last PC but it was a just plug and play into the motherboard. It was easy but the warning this time from PCpartpicker makes me think otherwise. And I have never installed a CPU fan before. I don’t want have to buy pins and extensions and extra stuff for my gpu, cpu and fans, I just want to plug things in and have it working. I don’t want to buy “power connectors” or “headers” or “slots.”
(I cannot attach pics but pcpartspicker is mentioning "PCI connectors" and "headers" and "slots" and "pins motherboard connecters 8 pin" for my PSU and motherboard) So will there be issues with the new parts going into my old tower with the old parts?)

Feel free to add or chance the parts to get the price price-performance ratio.

I know my computer case is old so can it fit the new cpu fans, a potential RTX 4090 and the new CPU and motherboard?

Is my PSU enough?

Thanks.

I am upgrading my desktop tower. Just upgrading, not getting a new tower.
Only the motherboard, CPU, RAM and fan are new.

The new tower will have the following:

CPU (new)
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
(or should I just get 7600x, is the RAM and Mobo still compatible?)

Motherboard (new)
Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM5 Motherboard

RAM (new)
TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory

GPU
RTX 2080

PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+ 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

FAN (new)
Thermalright Frozen Edge 69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Are all these compatible and does it make sense in a price-performance ratio? I looked at PCpartspicker and I got warnings.

Is it easy to install? I put together my last PC but it was a just plug and play into the motherboard. It was easy but the warning this time from PCpartpicker makes me think otherwise. And I have never installed a CPU fan before. I don’t want have to buy pins and extensions and extra stuff for my gpu, cpu and fans, I just want to plug things in and have it working. I don’t want to buy “power connectors” or “headers” or “slots.”
(I cannot attach pics but pcpartspicker is mentioning "PCI connectors" and "headers" and "slots" and "pins motherboard connecters 8 pin" for my PSU and motherboard) So will there be issues with the new parts going into my old tower with the old parts?)

Feel free to add or chance the parts to get the price price-performance ratio.

I know my computer case is old so can it fit the new cpu fans, a potential RTX 4090 and the new CPU and motherboard?

Is my PSU enough?

Thanks.
Zen5, 9600x will be compatible with that MB but would need newest BIOS first. It will in average be some 15% faster than 7600x but that's still in the air as it's not on sale yet and vetted by large number of users.
With CPU and MB,RAM is fine too.
A 240mm AIO is oversized with those CPUs, any half decent air cooler would do specially for 9600x and it's 65W TDP. (another good reason to wait for it).
That PSU may be enough for now but nowhere close for RTX 4090 for which 850W-1000W will be required. All modern PSUs have all cables that are required for any average system but for 4090 compatible PCIe cable is needed to avoid adapters . Suggest you keep the one you have now until you decide on new GPU and then get fully compatible one. High end GPUs, power wise can easily outstrip rest of system requirements.
Practically all CPU coolers come with mounting kits to suit the socket,in your case AM5. compatibility wise that's all you have to look for,
Don't know anything about your PC case, it might not have space for a 240mm radiator even if it has space for 2 x 120mm fans in a row. They are usually over300mm long and upto 80mm thick counting it's fans. You can find cooler's dimensions in it's specs.