Question "New Device Detected" every time I log in

BasicConcept

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
Hello,

I use Skrill as my payment method and every time I want to login it asks me to confirm my new device, which is strange since the device is always the same as well as the IP address.

This issue started after I installed a VPN and sometimes connect to another country. Now it feels like my IP address and device are always changing.

Additionally, when trying to make payments with Skrill, it says that I cannot pay as payments to this site/merchant are not supported from your country of residence. I never had this issue before since having a VPN.

When I check my IP address, I am in Austria and everything is registered in Austria and never had any issues.

Also, when I visit other websites it gives me "English" or "US" when entering the site if that makes sense ... on my VPN, I always connect to the US. So it seems like that I have two IP addresses active and there is a confrontation between these two? I don't know.

Does anyone have a solution? I use Windows 10.

Ralston18

Titan
So if you use a VPN to "hide" yourself then it makes sense that you are now "hidden" from Skrill as well.

Skrill can no longer associate your login and presence with the original device.

"Remember my device" probably being rendered moot somewhere along the way......

BasicConcept

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
So if you use a VPN to "hide" yourself then it makes sense that you are now "hidden" from Skrill as well.

Skrill can no longer associate your login and presence with the original device.

"Remember my device" probably being rendered moot somewhere along the way......

I am not using Skrill WITH VPN. I happen to have this issue while VPN is off. The issue itself started after using VPN a couple times and now the problem persists after VPN is turned off.

Ralston18

Titan
Contact Skrill support.

They should be able to help with restoring your account login etc. with respect to the original device.

Or otherwise explain why the problem is occurring after you have used a VPN and your device is now viewed as "new".