new drivers for windows?

alphadogg

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
hello,
I am currently about to dual boot with windows 10 for DX12 . i now have windows 7,these are my questions
1. i have 8GB ram, is this enough for win 10 and AAA titles maxed out at 1080p.
2. should i install separate graphics card drivers for windows 10?
3. have any one done this in this forum? if so, how is it?any driver issues, that can be caused by win 10 update?

Solution

You've purchased a whole other license for this?
Why?

1. 8GB RAM is fine
2. You'd be installing this on a whole new partition or drive. It will need its own drivers. And everything else.
3. Dual boot? Sure. But I think you are a bit off-base with what you are wanting to do.

notlim981

Distinguished
Unless you have a very specific application that requires Windows 7 to run, what is the point on dual booting at all? Windows 10 is pretty mature now in terms of drivers, very few issues are found regarding that field.

USAFRet

Titan

You've purchased a whole other license for this?
Why?

1. 8GB RAM is fine
2. You'd be installing this on a whole new partition or drive. It will need its own drivers. And everything else.
3. Dual boot? Sure. But I think you are a bit off-base with what you are wanting to do.

Solution

alphadogg

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
I have a 390x , so hardware is no concern. i have seen so many people complaining about driver issues in win 10, that's why i have decided to dual boot and try for myself.(also, i hate the win 10 interface :eek: )
i just want to try DX12, thats all :)
i have a i5-2500 non k , and some times feel the processor is not enough. will DX12 solve any processor over head problems?
and thanks for all the replies!