I'm going to change out the radiator fans on my computer I found in the trash. It has three 120mm NB-Multiframe fans that are making a lot of noise. One even turns at just a couple RPM and that's it.
- So I'm thinking of going with some Noctua Redux's.
- But while I'm at it, I was thinking of mayby installing a thermal sensor. But is it worth it?
- The board is a Maximus iv Extreme with one CPU fan port (4pin),
- three OPT fan ports with three matching thermal sensor ports (4pin),
- and three case fans ports (4pin, occupied by three case fans),
- and one Power Fan port (4pin).
- Since the CPU port can handle up to 12W, and the fans have a max power rating of 0.9W, would it be best to get a three way 4-pin adapter and hook it to one of the OPT fan ports and put the thermal sensor there?
- What kind of elbow or other do I need to addapt a thermal sensor?
- Is it best to adapt to the pump/reservoir or to the radiator itself?