[SOLVED] New Gaming and Home Office System (white style, budget up to 3.000 €)

Nov 12, 2020
Thanks to you fine folks at tom's HARDWARE I was able to build a PC eight years ago that served me fine until now.

Lately I've been experiencing the first "I can't play this, because my PC is too old" moments and I've decided to upgrade hoping that you guys can help me out once again.

My budget is kind of indefinite, but I don't want to waste money because of my inexperience.

Watching several Youtube Videos, I've began to really like the idea of having a white design and I am willing to accept a little premium for that.

My research came up with this:

CPU: Intel Core-i9-10900
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG STRIX LC 360 RGB
GPU: Any NVIDIA Geforce 3080 that's not sold out
SSD: TeamGroup MP34 SSD M.2 NVMe 2280 1TB (x2)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Royal Silver 32GB DDR 32 GTRS PC3600
MOBO: ASUS Gaming Motherboard ATX Intel 8a 9Gen, LGA 1151
PSU: ASUS ROG Strix Helos White Edition
CASE: ASUS ROG Strix 850G

Those parts are the result of watching several Youtube Videos on white Gaming PC builds, but I am really really uncertain if they are ideal or even good. I've been out of the game for too long.

What do I need the PC for?

I will work eight to ten hours a day using this PC. My work consists mainly of video conferences, writing documents and emails and coding some SQL queries once in a while.

After work I like to enjoy some games. I don't play shooters, but I enjoy Skyrim, Witcher, Red Dead Redemption, AC as well as strategy games.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
I would suggest to go with a Ryzen 9 5900x (12 cores/24 threads) rather than the Core i9 10900. The Ryzen is cheaper, and has more cores, and performs better than the i9 in every way. To me, it is logical to go Ryzen because it is both more powerful and cheaper. But, you would have to get an socket AM4 motherboard. You can certainly afford a 3080 with your budget. My question is with the games you play, do you really NEED an RTX 3080? The RTX 3070 performs as well as an RTX 2080ti for only $500, $200 less than the RTX 3080.
Nov 11, 2020
I would suggest to go with a Ryzen 9 5900x (12 cores/24 threads) rather than the Core i9 10900. The Ryzen is cheaper, and has more cores, and performs better than the i9 in every way. To me, it is logical to go Ryzen because it is both more powerful and cheaper. But, you would have to get an socket AM4 motherboard. You can certainly afford a 3080 with your budget. My question is with the games you play, do you really NEED an RTX 3080? The RTX 3070 performs as well as an RTX 2080ti for only $500, $200 less than the RTX 3080.

Last edited:
Solution