New Gaming Build, Powers On, No Display

ArmchairGeek

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Hello all. Just built my first ever Gaming Build and I was excited to get it up and running, however my PC powers on just fine but there is no display to my monitor.

This is my build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vmyWqs

What I have tried.
1. Removing my GPU. No dice.
2. Reseating my RAM. Nope.
3. Plugged in and out my SVGA cable twice. Even swapped the ends to my PC and monitor.
4. Tried using an HDMI cable on my TV and connected it to my Mobo HDMI Port and my GPU HDMI Port. My monitor sadly doesn't have a HDMI Port.
5. Plugged out all wires from my mobo and then tried again. Nothing.

The only port left I haven't tried is my DVI Port. My motherboard and GPU both have the ports, is that an option and also is it tbe default for new mobo to monitor use?
This is my very first build all I want to do is use it. D:

My monitor, its not refurbished. Just showing what I have.
http://www.overstock.com/#/Electronics/Hanns-G-HW191A-19-inch-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor-Refurbished/4777687/product.html

There is a little green jack port on the bottom of the monitor with the word DVI hovering above it, but the DVI cables I see look extremely different.

ArmchairGeek

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

I tried. No dice. :/ Man this is annoying.

ArmchairGeek

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

No. The one I have works with my other computer just fine. But it doesn't have DVI only a VGA/HD. My new tower has all 3 and I don't have a DVI adapter yet. I ordered one today though.

ArmchairGeek

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

Yeah. Everything works fine. Just no display. Does it come default as DV I for the mobo I have? Also would a converter work?

ben001

Distinguished
Okay. Yes a converter should work unless it's faulty. Have you tried or tested your mobo with different memory (RAM) & with a different power supply?. If not, then try it. Still, If there is no response, then the problem is with your motherboard or luckily if your problem gets solved, then the problem is with your power supply unit ( Before troubleshooting, make sure your GPU is unplugged or it's better you remove that hardware)

Just making things sure.

ArmchairGeek

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

All the parts are new. So none of them should be faulty.

ben001

Distinguished
How can you be so sure about that?. Had you ever faced this kind of problem before?. It's not mandatory. Hardware's can get damaged anytime, whether it's new or old. Well, further troubleshooting could help you to find the exact problem. Hope you'll find a way.

New parts can be faulty, I see it happen a lot.