[SOLVED] New Gaming Computer Build Won't Display Anyting - Q-Code 0d

Dec 2, 2018
Hi, I just put together my new computer but every time I try to turn it on the fans spin and everything inside the case lights up but there's just a black screen on the monitor and I get q-code 0d, also I see the yellow dram light in the upper left hand corner on.

My specs are as follows
Motherboard - Asus Prime X399-A
Cpu - AMD Threadripper 1950x
RAM - G. Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz 8GBx4 - 32GB Total
GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 2070
PSU - Corsiar RM1000x - 1000watt
SSD - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 - 512GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks =)

Solution
Hi steve :)

Qcode 0d can be one of many things and not documented however you need to rectify the problem with DRAM first as post will not continue until that is fixed and hence no output to monitor.
Try with just a single DIMM in the first slot and switch modules around in case of fault.
See if post Qcode advances and if not then list your DIMMs P/N or try another kit at a lower frequency.

Qcode 0d is common and many fixed the issue by swapping from HDMI to DP cabling.
See how you go and please report back.
Hi steve :)

Qcode 0d can be one of many things and not documented however you need to rectify the problem with DRAM first as post will not continue until that is fixed and hence no output to monitor.
Try with just a single DIMM in the first slot and switch modules around in case of fault.
See if post Qcode advances and if not then list your DIMMs P/N or try another kit at a lower frequency.

Qcode 0d is common and many fixed the issue by swapping from HDMI to DP cabling.
See how you go and please report back.

Solution
Dec 2, 2018
Ok I figured it out what happened was I was following where to put the 4 sticks of ram according to the motherboard guide but when I stuck them in the first 4 left slots the computer booted up fine. Wow this rig is nice, I'm running EverQuest 2 at extreme quality and getting like 90-130 FPS. This thing can handle a lot =)