New gaming computer build

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Im planning on selling my computer and buy a new one the current one that i have is
Cpu: I5 4460 3.2Ghz
Ram: 8gb
Gpu: MSI r9 280x 3gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-H
HDD:1tb
SSD 256gb
PSU: corsair cx600M

I been looking to buy a new one and i found this
Cpu: Intel Core I7 4790 3.6ghz
Ram: 16gb DDR3 1600mhz
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H
HDD: 2tb Seagate Barracuda
SSD:120gb Kingston V300 SSD
PSU: Corsair CX600 80 Plus Bronze
Case: Zalman R1 Luxurious Case

Total £798.00 or i can build a better one for £800 thanks

Solution
For gaming I have no idea why you'd sell off what you have. The 4460 and 280x are great for 1080p gaming. Then new build isn't worth it. I mean the GPU gets better but other than that its not much better. If you want to improve your gaming then just upgrade the GPU. Nothing else is needed. All the other money won't give you higher fps or settings.
In the new build:
Get a better quality PSU. The CX is only good on budget builds.
Need a larger SSD. Prices have fallen. Get at least 250gb. Check price difference...not much.
Mobo. The H81 is ok for cheaper builds. Get some more bells and whistles with the H97 instead.

What is this build for? Looks like editing work, not gaming.

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012

im looking for a gaming but this one was already pre build but im looking on buying parts but i dont know which one should i go for as for my budget i dont know really what brands are good of psu

For gaming I have no idea why you'd sell off what you have. The 4460 and 280x are great for 1080p gaming. Then new build isn't worth it. I mean the GPU gets better but other than that its not much better. If you want to improve your gaming then just upgrade the GPU. Nothing else is needed. All the other money won't give you higher fps or settings.

Solution

hamzahfelix

Distinguished
Is your ram a dual channel kit (two sticks) or just a single stick of 8GB? If it is the latter one, you can easily add another 8GB stick. If it is the former one, tough luck, you'll have to replace them if you really need 16GB (intensive multitasking and editing). Still, if you're only gaming, 8GB is still plenty.

With £800 you can get a 980 for 1080p-1440p to replace your r9 280x (still a very good card for 1080p), no need to upgrade your psu as its 12v rail amperage is still plenty for a 980, upgrade your ram, add a hdd, still have left over money, and it'll be superior to that new build in gaming, and would only lose in proffesional editing and rendering time. That doesn't mean you can't do some intensive editing on your i5 either.