Question New Gaming PC Build help?

Oct 29, 2020
Hello, today I built a new PC for gaming. Everything turns on, the two fans in the case and the fan on the graphics card as well as the lights and power switch on the case.

The error I'm having is nothing is being displayed on the monitor and the monitor says ''No signal/ Check Input''

I've tried:
Re-installing the graphics card
Re-installing the RAM sticks
Changing monitors
Changing HDMI cables
- None of those worked.
I can't think of anything else to try and I don't know how to fix this problem.
Any ideas? I can tell you all the parts I used. (this is my first build btw)

>Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I'm new here

> Edit I fixed the problem, thanks for all your help. I didn't have a cable (forgot the name) connected to the motherboard. I didn't connect it because I thought I had read that I didn't need it.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020
cpu - AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Quad-Core processor
motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4
memory - G.Skill Ripjaw G series 16GB (2 x 8)
storage - Inland Professional 120 GB 2.5'' SSD
video card - Asus GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4 GB
case - DIYPC Solo-TR Black 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Case
power supply - EVGA 400 W ATX

is the memory too much for the cpu to handle? I'm sure I connected everything correctly since everything seems to be working but I can't get a signal on my monitor.

Oct 29, 2020
I'm unsure what you mean by model of the psu so here's a link to where I bought it from sorry

https://www.newegg.com/evga-400-n1-...&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-yciEhPRA.9k5nY0VEg9ghw

On the motherboard box it says ''AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready'' but under that it says ''AMD Ryzen 1000,2000 series compatible'' don't really know what that means, so here's a link to the motherboard i'm using. sorry about all these links I just don't wanna be too confusing.

motherboard -> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FWVJSHC?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

The MB you're using has had numerous BIOS updates. You need to make sure it's updated to at least version F40 to ensure you get full Ryzen CPU support.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

The 1050 Ti doesn't draw much power, so any PSU 300W or more is fine, as long as it's of decent quality. And btw, your CPU is a Ryzen 3 1200, not 3100. 3100 just refers to it's frequency.

Lastly, since this CPU has no onboard graphics, the problem you're experiencing cannot be due to plugging the display cable into the MB port vs the GPU port, because the MB simply does not have or need one.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks, so to update the MB do I just download the update, put it on a USB and put it in the motherboard?
You should not need to update the BIOS since the box had the R3 ready sticker that means the board has the right BIOS to support the processor.

Unplug the CPU and motherboard connectors from the power supply and plug them back in. Make sure the memory is in the right slots per the motherboard manual, try 1 stick of memory at a time.

You did not list the exact video card model some of them require a 6 pin PCI-E connector if yours needs one make sure it's pugged in.

Remove and reinstall the video card.

Reset CMOS.

From their I would be looking for bent pins on the processor.

I have no clue why the above poster said you bought a R1200 when you said you bought a R 3100?

EDIT try the video card in a friends or another PC if possible.

For your question you can't update the BIOS on that board unless the PC is working.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020
yeah the monitor has been connected to the gpu, I tried turning it on while it being connected to the mb and it didn't help. I'm using an hdmi cable that came with my monitor and I've tried swapping the cable with other hdmi cables I have

I have no clue why the above poster said you bought a R1200 when you said you bought a R 3100?
My bad, I was looking in all the wrong places for specs on the R 3 apparently. Admittedly I haven't stayed up to date on quad core or AMD CPUs. That said, I'm a bit surprised by what I've seen on the 6800 XT GPU performance, IF it can be believed.

OP, was that CPU cable you missed by any chance the 8 pin one that usually plugs in at the top of the MB? At any rate, it's a good idea to always refer to the MB manual, and any retail box one should have it in the box. The manual always explains how to install them, including connecting cables. That said, if you ever lose the manual or buy an open box MB that doesn't come with one, there's usually a pdf manual for it you can access online.

Last edited: