New gaming PC build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jared2606

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hi there fellow Toms.

I want to build my first ever gaming PC, and well I need some recommendations. This is what I had in mind:
Intel Core i5 locked Skylake CPU
8GB DDR4 RAM (3000+MHz)
120GB SSD
500GB HDD (I have a spare 500GB HDD to add in)
Motherboard (I have no clue about motherboards)
I'm not sure about a graphics card (But I'm thinking about a GTX 750 ti)
Power Supply (Don't know how much I would need)
Case: Something sexy
LED Lighting Strips that change color with a remote :D

I would love to have the case and all the parts match my color theme of red and black.

Also recommendations for a monitor would also be much appreciated.

Please feel free to tell me if I am missing something and I will gladly add it in.

I live in South Africa, and my budget would be R10 000 just for the PC (655,95 USD) but I would happily go up to R15 000 (again just for the PC) [983,93 USD]

Jared2606

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Hopefully I dont have to change this build (other than adding more RAM in the future, or buying a new GPU). And, you never know, maybe I upgrade to an i7 in the next year or 2.

Also, there is no possible way for me to express my thanks to you. All that research, different things to match my color scheme, jeez. I mean just WOW. It's awesome to know that there are still helpful people like you in this world. And again I say thank you.

X79

Honorable
Haha, you're most welcome man, I'm glad I was able to be of service. Which reminds me, if the ambient temperature
is high where you live, you could benefit from a CPU cooler such as a CM Hyper 212 or Noctua NH-D15 instead of stock.
I'm hoping you'll have a great experience, really!

Jared2606

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Temperatures are only high here in the summer where the hottest it gets is 50 degrees Celcius and the lowest being about 6 degrees Celcius in winter. Will the stock cooler be ok with that? Also my house is air- conditioned so will that help too if I stick with the stock cooler?

Jared2606

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Lol, thanks. I plan on putting your name somewhere on the side of my case. So whenever i look at my case I will remember who helped me out so much. And maybe we could game sometime if u feel like it?