Apr 24, 2018
So I bought my first gaming pc with the specs listed below:

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro
RAM: Adata XPG 2400 2x4GB
GPU: GTX 970
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Overclocked @ 3.8 ghz
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2tb 7200rpm
PSU: Masterwatt 550w

As I am playing any game, I get random lag spikes. I run an average of 60-200 fps in all of my game collection. When fast movement happens, my game will stutter terribly like I'm playing on intel inegrated graphics for a moment then it will go back to normal. It will repeat so much that I just give up on trying to play the game and I quit.

Please help! I have searched everywhere but cannot find an answer that will solve this. I've tried disabling CPU parking and disabling low power mode in Nvidia control panel but none of this made a difference. Lowering graphics setttings makes no difference either with the random stutters.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Le Snerk

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
First mistake was going with an AMD cpu. But dont worry it can be fixed :)

•The first thing is youre gonna have to lower the settings in game because that is just PC gaming for you. Lag spikes happen because CPU and GPU cant render things on par with the game thus involving stress and resulting in a quick lag to regain stability.

•Check and make sure all your CPU's are being used (go into task manager and see )

Click Me (PIC)

If they are not all running then type "msconfig" into the searchbox on the start menu and go to boot advanced options then check the box and select the highest number of CPU's you have then restart the computer

•Free up some space on your harddrive go to the temp files and delete them.
(Type %temp% in the search bar and press enter )

•Check for the latest drivers on your GPU

•If you want high settings just lower the reolution and have high settings (not recommended). Id rather have lowest settings but highest resolution because of downscaling

•Or just upgrading your CPU (CPU,GPU, and Mobo's are not things that should be the cheapest in your PC they are the most crucial part of the computer!)

•Get another GTX 970 and run it in SLI

That is horrible advice.

Ryzen 3 1200 is a competent budget CPU. It should not be the area of blame. While there is a slight bottleneck, it should not be significant. And considering it has been OC'ed, it should be more than enough.

Run in SLI? Many games are not optimized for SLI. Never recommend that.

@OP:

What are your temps? Run hwinfo and check the temps.

Use DDU and uninstall all GPU drivers. Then reinstall them.

Run memtest86 on your RAM sticks. Clean out the PC for dust.

Apr 24, 2018

My temps are really good for OCing and having a reference style graphics card. CPU: 50 Idle 70 gaming. GPU: 40 idle 75 gaming. All temps are in Celsius.
I'll try DDU in a couple minutes.
UPDATE: I did memtest86 for 30 minutes (15 tests) and got 1 pass and 0 errors.
UPDATE 2: I reinstalled windows, I'm going to see how this works out.
UPDATE 3: STill not working