Question New gaming PC, random BSOD when gaming *help*

cazetoG

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2015
Hello.

I got a new pre-build gaming PC last week. It was installed with non-activated windows, since I could buy windows cheaper elsewhere.
They 24 hour stress tested my PC, and made sure everything was in order and working, before delivering it.

SPECS/COMPONENTS:

CPU - intel i9-10900 (5,2 GHz)
GPU - MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Motherboard - Z490-P ASUS PRIME
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX, 2x16GB 3200 - 32GB total
SSD - 1TB (1000GB) M.2 NVMe (INTEL 665P)

I have 2 ASUS VG248QG hooked up to the GPU.

Now, a week later, while gaming (5-15 min.), my PC suddenly crashes to a blue screen (BSOD) with, what I see, different messages and reasons everytime.

I was having gameplay on the 1st monitor and PS remote play connected to my PS4 (for party chat) on my second.

Here is the messages, it's giving on the blue screen:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - ? No extra message was given

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - afd.sys

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - win32kfull.sys

ATTEMPTED TO WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - CLASSPNP.SYS

Now, often after the blue screen it says its going to reboot the PC, but stays on the blue screen for as long as I let it.
Then I restart the PC manually, and its stuck on the BIOS prompt or whatever it is (you know, the click DEL for BIOS etc.)
Then I manually restart it again, and I get in, log in etc. and nothing seems wrong - that is, until I game again.

It is important to tell you that all drivers, and windows update are fully up-to-date!

I went into contact with the PC store, and he's expecting it to be the RAM. So he had me take out 1 of the 2 RAM and try gaming, now only with 16gb RAM at a time, and with both RAM separelately I got no erros or BSOD's - strange.
So I placed them both back in correctly, and after 5 min of gaming, the PC crashed again.
He then told me, to install both RAM in slot 1 and 3 - instead of 2 and 4 which is was before, and came with.

Now, there haven't been any crashes or BSOD's and it seems it's working fine. I just can't help wonder if I solved the problem, or if it's gonna come back - I feel insecure because I don't know whats happened and why?

Sorry for my big rant, but hopefully someone can explain to me, why changing the RAM from slot 2 and 4 to RAM slot 1 and 3 - since it doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank you so much for your time, have a lovely day.

- Simon

Colif

Win 11 Master
according to the Motherboard manual, when you have 2 sticks installed it should use slots A2 & B2, If you have one stick in it goes in slot A2
1 stick - A2
2 sticks A2 & B2
4 sticks - all the slots.

order of slots - A1, A2, B1, B2

you only use A1 & B1 if the other slots are already in use.

I assume its not a question of which direction you counting from?

See page 1-5 here - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/PRIME_Z490-P/E17043_PRIME_Z490-P_UM_V3_WEB.pdf

who made this PC? the store you took it too or someone else as if its only 1 week old you shouldn't get any errors, and the people who made it should pay for the repairs.

cazetoG

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2015
according to the Motherboard manual, when you have 2 sticks installed it should use slots A2 & B2, If you have one stick in it goes in slot A2
1 stick - A2
2 sticks A2 & B2
4 sticks - all the slots.

order of slots - A1, A2, B1, B2

you only use A1 & B1 if the other slots are already in use.

I assume its not a question of which direction you counting from?

See page 1-5 here - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/PRIME_Z490-P/E17043_PRIME_Z490-P_UM_V3_WEB.pdf

who made this PC? the store you took it too or someone else as if its only 1 week old you shouldn't get any errors, and the people who made it should pay for the repairs.

Thanks for the reply!

The RAM came installed in A2 and B2, thats when all the crashes happened. So I reached out to the store, and they told me to place the RAM in A1 and B1, and now, I haven't had a crash.
Nobody else, except the store, have had a finger in this PC - well, except me, but that's with instructions from the store.

I just cant figure out why... I'm there, where I suspect the motherboard honestly...

- Simon