[SOLVED] New generic gamepad controller moving in 8-way directions instead of 360 degree movement!

BLaZiNgSPEED

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2015
I just bought my Natec Genesis P58 Gamepad controller from Amazon UK to use it for my PC.

Unfortunately this gamepad controller is not good! The movement of analogue stick is not in 360 degrees when I check the calibration settings in control panel! The + sign is moving in 8-way directional movement rather than in 360 degrees circular motion. Is this how some gamepads are made? Gamepad is recognised as an Xbox 360 Controller.

I have Xbox One Controller and analogue stick is supporting 360 degree movement. When I played FIFA 17/19 I noticed problem with players not moving in 360 degrees, they are moving like keyboard control keys!!! The passing and thru ball pass is travelling in a linear direction, there is no curve to the ball pass whatsoever!

This is very bad. It is like keyboard directional movement. Does anyone know if there is a solution to fix this issue?

If there is no solution for this I think I will have to return it to Amazon which is a shame because the controller looks and feels good apart from this very serious issue. I would not have bought it if I was informed of this!

Solution
this is what happens when you buy off brand generic gamepads, they use cheap components. return it and look into controllers from logitech or if your not set on an xbox like controller then look into 8bitdo controllers

lastly, if you do have an xbox 360 controller look into buying the PC wireless adapter for it
this is what happens when you buy off brand generic gamepads, they use cheap components. return it and look into controllers from logitech or if your not set on an xbox like controller then look into 8bitdo controllers

lastly, if you do have an xbox 360 controller look into buying the PC wireless adapter for it

Solution

BLaZiNgSPEED

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2015

Yeah, basically I have been cheated. On youtube and one other Romanian guy I spoke to via email who told me he truthfully recommended this controller. The controller looks so good, it feels good, has all the buttons, is comfortable. But when I tried to play FIFA I noticed weird directional movements.

As soon as I went to the calibration settings I realised why this is happening! The + sign is not moving in 360 degrees but is moving in lines. But when I move the analogue stick it feels like it's moving very smoothly in full 360 motion.

I wanted to buy an extra gamepad controller because my last Xbox 360 controller developed a drifting sticky analogue stick after 5 years of use. I did buy an a PDP Afterglow Xbox One Controller which is working perfectly no such issues.

But I wanted to buy one more gamepad. I found this cheap Natec Genesis P58 for only £6.63 from Amazon. Sadly this is the first time since using gamepads since 2006 that I have experienced such issue like this. Very disappointing. There's an option to hold down the button for 8 seconds to switch from D-Input to X-Input but that doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.