[SOLVED] New GPU 2 issues.

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
Just got a new GPU as i had been using the intergrated GPU on my Ryzen 2200g.

First thing i did was disabled my integrated graphics as it was set to forced.

I then connected my 3 monitors to the DGPU outputs instead of the IGPU.

First thing i noted is Bios is not showing up.... and after a few minutes all 3 screens come on once i reach the windows loading/login section.

I tried rebooting again to see if i could get into bios just by hitting f2 hoping that even though i cant see the loading screen maybe bios will show on screen once loaded....

Rapidly hit f2 and then nothing... all my screens disconnect due to no signal.... and this remains until i restart pc.

I believe im actually in bios but my monitors are not being used until loading reaches windows sign in.

Which would make sense as when i hit F2 it remained screens off pointing to being stuck in bios.

and my final problem one of my monitors is 75hz... i had it set to this when using my IGPU, but since switching to DGPU it only shows 60hz as highest available ?

and its also showing an extra monitor connected... called wired display... i only have 3 displays hooked up.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Solution
One thing you can try is TDR Timeout Detection Recovery. It is a free tiny utilitiy and in there you can disable TDR and see what happens or you can try to adjust the seconds and give it more time for your video card to talk with system so it doesnt bo blank or crash. Give it a try it will probably fix this issue your having my friend. 🤷‍♂️💯

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
One thing you can try is TDR Timeout Detection Recovery. It is a free tiny utilitiy and in there you can disable TDR and see what happens or you can try to adjust the seconds and give it more time for your video card to talk with system so it doesnt bo blank or crash. Give it a try it will probably fix this issue your having my friend. 🤷‍♂️💯

Reactions: onemoretimex
Solution

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015

Thanks i will look into this, i strongly believe the DGPU isnt activating until it hits the windows loading screen as all 3 monitors show as no power/no signal detected upon booting and turn off only to turn on once it reaches windows loading.

Strange right ? surely now that ive disabled integrated dgpu should auto default to main gpu.... as mentioned its not the only issue there is a phantom 4th monitor appearing called wired display... no longer able to select 75hz on one of the monitors... and some monitor options are now greyed out like auto adjust that wasnt the issue previously.

Would reinstalling my drivers maybe help as i just kept the same driver installed as i was switching from AMD to AMD..... Device manager is also showing both GPU under graphics devices despite the igpu meant to be disabled :/

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
So managed to disabled the IGPU... needed to click a few more things in bios whilst plugged into mobo.

Now my main issue is that my main monitor which is 75hz is only being seen as 60hz... previously had it at 75hz with igpu... its not listing 75hz in list mode.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
One thing I can point out is go to BIOS and set optimized defaults and see what happens. Also go to power option in cpanel and put it on high performance. Let me know what happens with TDR and BIOS optimized defaults. Hopefully youll be good to go. ✌🤷‍♀️