Question new GPU can't start up my PC

DeniSonix

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
hi guys so this is my problem i got myself a new GPU the RTX 3060 Ti dual OC 8GB installed it in my pc with an old motherboard and an old CPU
my pc would boot up and work fine but it would restart itself if trying to game so i said ok maybe i need some new parts i went and got myself a new PSU 850W Gold rated
my pc worked OK for a day then suddenly crashed and wont turn on so i figured its probably because of my old parts or maybe something like the motherboard got damaged
so i went and got myself a new Motherboard the MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO and a new CPU the intel core i7-10700k installed everything but my pc still wont boot up after i tried a couple of thing i found out that my pc would boot up without any GPU or with MY 1060 6GB old GPU i tried to boot my pc from the motherboard and connect the NEW GPU while my pc was running i connected my new GPU to the motherboard and when i connected the PCI cable to the GPU my pc crashed so for now im using my old 1060 6GB GPU and i dont know what to do with the new one is there a fix that i don't know about or do i have to go back to the store and hope for the best ????

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
hi guys so this is my problem i got myself a new GPU the RTX 3060 Ti dual OC 8GB installed it in my pc with an old motherboard and an old CPU
my pc would boot up and work fine but it would restart itself if trying to game so i said ok maybe i need some new parts i went and got myself a new PSU 850W Gold rated
my pc worked OK for a day then suddenly crashed and wont turn on so i figured its probably because of my old parts or maybe something like the motherboard got damaged
so i went and got myself a new Motherboard the MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO and a new CPU the intel core i7-10700k installed everything but my pc still wont boot up after i tried a couple of thing i found out that my pc would boot up without any GPU or with MY 1060 6GB old GPU i tried to boot my pc from the motherboard and connect the NEW GPU while my pc was running i connected my new GPU to the motherboard and when i connected the PCI cable to the GPU my pc crashed so for now im using my old 1060 6GB GPU and i dont know what to do with the new one is there a fix that i don't know about or do i have to go back to the store and hope for the best ????
this gpu is still new so its still under waranty.