Question new gpu crash, pc wont boot

BAM4130

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2015
i recently upgraded from a 970 to a 5700 xt and gigabyte 750w psu and have experienced crashes in games such as hunt showdown and warzone 2. After the crash i can restart my pc but if i shut it down the gpu light goes off and the psu clicks and wont turn on unless i unplug, wait and plug it back in. Sleep mode or normal restart work fine and if i remove the gpu shutting down and turning back on works as it should

i recently upgraded from a 970 to a 5700 xt and gigabyte 750w psu and have experienced crashes in games such as hunt showdown and warzone 2. After the crash i can restart my pc but if i shut it down the gpu light goes off and the psu clicks and wont turn on unless i unplug, wait and plug it back in. Sleep mode or normal restart work fine and if i remove the gpu shutting down and turning back on works as it should
Did you use DDU to remove old drivers before installing new card?

BAM4130

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2015
i wasn't aware of that program and can try it now but would that also be related to not being able to turn the pc back on after a normal shut down? Also thank you for replying

What is the exact model of that Gigabyte power supply? You may not be aware, but a particular model of this manufacturer's power supplies has been known to explode.

Gigabyte as a manufacturer are largely crap nowadays with the odd good product, but there's a certain power supply that needs to be avoided, the GP-P750GM. If you have that, get rid and try with a decent unit.