Question New GPU doesn't work on my HP PC ?

May 31, 2024
hi i just bought an MSI GTX 750 Ti for my HP Pro 3300 Microtower PC but when I install it there is just the HP logo and 3 beeps and after that my monitor turns into a black screen with a blinking underscore.
I don't know what to do now. The GTX 750 Ti doesn't t need any extra power.

images
images

Last edited:

jordanbuilds1

Proper
Jan 16, 2024
hi i just bought an MSI GTX 750 Ti for my HP Pro 3300 Microtower PC but when I install it there is just the HP logo and 3 beeps and after that my monitor turns into a black screen with a blinking underscore.
I don't know what to do now. The GTX 750 Ti doesn't t need any extra power.

images
images
could need a mobo upgrade, most prebuilts limit the watage coming from the mobo.

Are these 3 beeps different than normal booting? The reason I ask is that according to the manual there is no 3 beep code.

The GTX 750 Ti should require 60W and while I couldn't find the slot power rating at least one of the cards offered for that machine was also 60W so it shouldn't be a power concern.

Are you certain this GTX 750 Ti is a working card?

3 beeps and no POST is normal behavior, because your desktop features a whitelist which allows only certain HP-branded nVidia Fermi and ATI TeraScale 2 cards to boot.

While there have been people who have requested BIOS mods and apparently got the whitelist removed, the correct way to go is to not buy such a system unless you know you will not be upgrading it in the future. Because there is always some risk in flashing a modified BIOS from a 3rd party, + such a "feature" serves only to enrich the company by driving sales of their own overpriced upgrade parts because those are the only ones that will work without a lot of effort--why reward them?