Question New GPU needed, advice Required

Clueless.Gamer

Commendable
Jun 6, 2021
Hi Guys,

Firstly I am a bit of a boomer when it comes to knowing the tech etc. I asked advice here a couple of years ago and built my own gaming PC from scratch for the first time with the advice about what parts to get for my budget. It's worked great ever since đź‘Ť
I was adviced at the time to keep the GPU I already had on hand at the time so did so, 2 years on and my usb on the GPU has crapped out and I've been told its not repairable.
I need advice on the best value for money GPU to replace my old one that is a decent upgrade from it. Here's my current rig (if you want to recommend any other worthwhile upgrades please be my guest) :

CPU | Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler | Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
***Graphic card/GPU | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti***
Motherboard | ASRock B560M Steel Legend Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage | Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
(I've added a few other storage components since so I'm good on that)
Case | RIOTORO CR400 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply | Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (2yo)

My monitor is Benq EW2780 (1920 x 1080).
Budget for the Graphics card is ideally no more than 250, want to upgrade on what I had but not sure what you get for your money these days. I'm UK based so whatever will be good value in this part of the world.

Last edited:

Clueless.Gamer

Commendable
Jun 6, 2021
Yes my resolution is 1920 x 1080. Budget is ideally no more than ÂŁ250 but I don't really know what you get for your money these days. I'd like something better than what I had but don't want to go mad
What's the screen resolution of your Monitor ? Are you on 1080p ? And, most importantly, what is your budget for the GPU ? How much are you willing to shell out ?

I presume this setup would be for gaming.

Clueless.Gamer

Commendable
Jun 6, 2021
Again I'm a novice so I don't know if I'm overlooking anything but I've seen a
PowerColor Radeon RX 6500 XT ITX for ÂŁ150 that looks good when I run it through a comparison site compared to my current one.
Are their other elements to consider dependent on my other components or are they usually compatible with most set ups?
Any help is much appreciated. I'm out of my depths when it comes to knowledge of gaming pc tech

You won't be able to do any better than this:
1096261-1690825-800.jpg

Powercolor Radeon RX 6650 XT Fighter 8GB: ÂŁ230 from eBuyer