[SOLVED] New GPU not getting power...maybe?

Jul 1, 2020
A few weeks ago I got "no signal" message when I booted up. Thinking it was just a wire or something, i quickly checked all the usual suspects and got nothing. swapped monitors, cables, ports, and eventually slots....still nothing. Only thing I could think of was I fried my GPU somehow, so today I went out and bought a new one. Installed it and tried to boot up, but still getting the no signal message. Did all the same checks until I opened it up to check, and noticed the fans on the new gpu were not spinning! Again I tried a few different slots and still nothing. I plugged in the old GPU and it's fans spun but still no signal message. At this point im thinkin I either got a fault card, or something else is goin wrong....reddit help me....

PARTS-

MotherBoard: asus crosshair v formula-z

GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 Armor 8g (old) AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT 6g (new)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance ddr3 8g + HyperX Fury ddr3 8g

Power Supply: Corsair CS850M

I forget my CPU but its AMD, bit older

Monitor: benq XL2411P

Solution
Hmm, sounds interesting. Did you make sure none of your other parts are affected? Mobo still running, no faulty ram?

I had sorta the same issue as you have right now. My monitor wasn't showing any signal even after buying a new GPU, whilst everything else was still working. After a month of not knowing what to do I decided to remove the RAM sticks and use a microfiber cloth to clean the gold pins on the bottom. I cleaned the golden pins very lightly don't use to much pressure. I put them back and my PC finally booted and went to the windows lock screen.

If the above fix doesn't work let me know.

SLICEnICE

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Hmm, sounds interesting. Did you make sure none of your other parts are affected? Mobo still running, no faulty ram?

I had sorta the same issue as you have right now. My monitor wasn't showing any signal even after buying a new GPU, whilst everything else was still working. After a month of not knowing what to do I decided to remove the RAM sticks and use a microfiber cloth to clean the gold pins on the bottom. I cleaned the golden pins very lightly don't use to much pressure. I put them back and my PC finally booted and went to the windows lock screen.

If the above fix doesn't work let me know.

Solution