[SOLVED] New Gpu, Vega 64/5700 XT, What and when?

Ezoz

Honorable
Apr 10, 2014
Hey im looking to buy a new gpu im looking at:

Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 GAMING OC
430 USD
Or

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+

560 usd

Id rather not spend more then 450usd but i will if the jump to 5700 xt is really worth it.

Im looking to play RDR 2 at 1080P with as much gfx candy as possible.

The Vega is a refurb (prices are horrible here in sweden) the 5700 XT is new.

What card would serve me better, price/performance wice.

So shall i just grab the Vega while i can and be happy with it? OR shall i be patient and pray that Black Friday does like 50-80 usd off on the 5700 XT?

Remember the Vega is 1 on good price 1! for probably very few more days.

Solution
If you look at the power draw of both the cards you have listed above(and not think about the age of the card(sold as is) then you'll see you need more power from the PSU(to power the entire system) while on the Vega 64.

Speaking of which you didn't state the make and model of your PSU. To add, please post your system's specs in your thread's body as sig space specs can and will change over time and will leave this thread moot should another person come around to learn why we suggested X or Y or Z.

Lutfij

Titan
If you look at the power draw of both the cards you have listed above(and not think about the age of the card(sold as is) then you'll see you need more power from the PSU(to power the entire system) while on the Vega 64.

Speaking of which you didn't state the make and model of your PSU. To add, please post your system's specs in your thread's body as sig space specs can and will change over time and will leave this thread moot should another person come around to learn why we suggested X or Y or Z.

Solution

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
Wow, 560 USD for a $400 msrp card. I thought the prices were high here in the SEA ($456 for the Gigabyte Gaming OC/Sapphire Pulse/MSI Mech and $430 for the blower). Which version is it ? And how much is the 2070 and 2070 Super there ?