[SOLVED] New GPU won't start

Jul 26, 2020
my Pc specifications is psu 600wat, motherboard is hifi a70u30, 1x8 Ram, cpu is A6-7400k(apu).

i recently bought a gpu rx 570, plugged correctly to pcie x16, 8 pin plugged, and display to, when i turn on the pc cpu is running well like usual but no with the gpu, the gpu fan spinning and then stop, can anyone explain where is the problem is? sir/mam help please.

i got theory that my mobo doesn't support the gpu, and does my 4pin cpu power in mobo effect to supply power to pcie x16?

i really appreciate the answer and suggestions

Solution
yes that's my psu specification, i doubt it the problem is from psu, because running well if i unplug the new gpu

There are many problems with this statement.

- Running without the GPU plugged in tells you nothing because the GPU itself is the primary source of power usage.

- You don't know it's running well in any case. Do you have the measurements from your testing of this PSU? Voltage regulation? Ripple? Crossload tests? Verified testing of the PSU's protections? If you don't have any of these things, it's no different than a heart surgeon only being to able to tell your heart's healthy based on whether the patient is dead or alive.

- In any case, this PSU is electronic sewage. Do you cook with used toilet water? Do you...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
yes that's my psu specification, i doubt it the problem is from psu, because running well if i unplug the new gpu

There are many problems with this statement.

- Running without the GPU plugged in tells you nothing because the GPU itself is the primary source of power usage.

- You don't know it's running well in any case. Do you have the measurements from your testing of this PSU? Voltage regulation? Ripple? Crossload tests? Verified testing of the PSU's protections? If you don't have any of these things, it's no different than a heart surgeon only being to able to tell your heart's healthy based on whether the patient is dead or alive.

- In any case, this PSU is electronic sewage. Do you cook with used toilet water? Do you go to the bathroom in your bed? I would guess no, but using a junk PSU like this is pretty much the same thing to your PC and its components.

If you don't want to replace the garbage PSU, the best GPU for you is one that is still at the store while the money for that GPU stays in your pocket.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Solution