Question New Graphics card and now my second monitor doesnt work

rhys16190

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
Hi I recently got a new Graphics card (2080 super, had 960) and now my second monitor doesn't work. With my old graphics card I had and HDMI cable going from my first monitor to my graphics card. I had the other monitor working using a dvi cord from the monitor to my motherboard(all worked fine for years.) Now that I've changed my graphics card that set up doesn't work, I checked and all my cords and both monitors are working fine. I have an Intel i7 4770k cpu btw. Any help would be amazing thank

Last edited:
A little confusing, so let me see if this is correct.

1st monitor via HDMI cable to GPU does work.
2nd monitor via DVI cable to motherboard doesn't work.

On that scenario it will depend whether your motherboard allows the simultaneous use of a graphics card and integrated graphics of the CPU (you don't mention what your CPU is, so whether you have integrated graphics is questionable at this point).

2nd monitor via displayport cable to ??? doesn't work.
2nd monitor via HDMI cable to motherboard doesn't work.

Displayport to motherboard again? And 1st monitor still connected to graphics card? Same scenario as above.

2nd monitor via HDMI cable (from 1st monitor) to ??? does work. To the graphics card?

rhys16190

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
A little confusing, so let me see if this is correct.

1st monitor via HDMI cable to GPU does work.
2nd monitor via DVI cable to motherboard doesn't work.

On that scenario it will depend whether your motherboard allows the simultaneous use of a graphics card and integrated graphics of the CPU (you don't mention what your CPU is, so whether you have integrated graphics is questionable at this point).

2nd monitor via displayport cable to ??? doesn't work.
2nd monitor via HDMI cable to motherboard doesn't work.

Displayport to motherboard again? And 1st monitor still connected to graphics card? Same scenario as above.

2nd monitor via HDMI cable (from 1st monitor) to ??? does work. To the graphics card?
Sorry I rewrote my issue to make it more clear