[SOLVED] New graphics card causing problems

Oct 6, 2022
I recently got a new Zotac GTX 1660 so I could replace my GT 1030 in my prebuilt system. When I plugged the 1660 into the PCIE on the motherboard and plugged in the 8 pin connector I thought I would be able to start gaming again. When turning on the computer, it would freeze on the screen where I can press the bottom to go into BIOS without letting me go into BIOS. It would stay there for a couple of minutes before losing connection with my monitorl. The peripherals all have lighting to show that they are on and the fans on the GPU are spinning. Everything seems to work except for the output signal. When I put my old 1030 back in and keep everything else the same, it all works perfectly fine. I can go into BIOS or just boot straight into windows. Does anyone know why this might be happening.

Specs:
GPU: New=Zotac GTX 1660 Old=GT 1030
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400
PSU: 650W 80+ Bronze
Motherboard: Old Lenovo ThinkCentre one
Ram: 16gb ddr3 1333mhz
Storage: 120gb boot sd, 500gb hard drive, and 4tb external hard drive

Solution
It is the Gamepowered gp650 80+ bronze. It is the one that came with my prebuilt.

Oof. This is a low-quality, group-regulated PSU that was barely 400W at best when it was new. Swapping it out and re-evaluating is the obvious next step (since it should be done under any circumstances with a significant GPU upgrade because, well, low-quality and group-regulated).

DSzymborski

Titan
It is the Gamepowered gp650 80+ bronze. It is the one that came with my prebuilt.

Oof. This is a low-quality, group-regulated PSU that was barely 400W at best when it was new. Swapping it out and re-evaluating is the obvious next step (since it should be done under any circumstances with a significant GPU upgrade because, well, low-quality and group-regulated).

Reactions: Haylhidra8
Solution
Oct 6, 2022
Any power supplies that you would recommend that will work in my system?

DSzymborski

Titan
Any power supplies that you would recommend that will work in my system?

Anything Tier B or better here would be fine and remove the PSU from the equation.

Oct 6, 2022
Anything Tier B or better here would be fine and remove the PSU from the equation.

Would the Corsair RM750 work?
Amazon.com: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), RM750, 750 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply : Everything Else

TRENDING THREADS