[SOLVED] New Graphics Card, Low Fps

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019
Recently I upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a GeForce RTX™ 2060 Mini.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16GB DDR4

The new graphics card has about the same fps than before, but drops a little less. It still dips under 144 very often, and I believe it shouldn't. Any ideas on what to do/what information I need to give will be appreciated!

I installed the new driver, but forgot to DDU, and DDU'd after and reinstalled drivers.

Solution
Oops! Sorry, I forgot to mention that the game that I see this problem occur on is Valorant. On both high AND low settings, I get the same fps, and the same problems. I'm using 1080p, and lowest settings however.

I'm using a "Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply" and this entire pc has been built for around a month.

I have 4 sticks of ram inside, each being I believe each being 8 gb, however I actually have 32 gigs of ram installed instead of the 16 stated above. The speed is 2133 MHz with the game open (if that affects it at all).

Yeah, the RAM speed is very important. 2133 MHz is waaaaay too slow for a Ryzen 3600; Ryzen CPUs are very sensitive to RAM speed and function much slower when...
Recently I upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a GeForce RTX™ 2060 WINDFORCE OC 6G.

The new graphics card has about the same fps than before, but drops a little less. It still dips under 144 very often, and I believe it shouldn't. Any ideas on what to do/what information I need to give will be appreciated!

I installed the new driver, but forgot to DDU, and DDU'd after and reinstalled drivers.
Bios fully upto date for system support of the rtx cards

Recently I upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a GeForce RTX™ 2060 Mini.

What games are you playing, at what resolution and what settings?

Please list your full system specs including:
  • Power supply (age and exact model)
  • number of sticks of RAM and what speed they are running at in MHz

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019
What games are you playing, at what resolution and what settings?

Please list your full system specs including:
  • Power supply (age and exact model)
  • number of sticks of RAM and what speed they are running at in MHz
Oops! Sorry, I forgot to mention that the game that I see this problem occur on is Valorant. On both high AND low settings, I get the same fps, and the same problems. I'm using 1080p, and lowest settings however.

I'm using a "Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply" and this entire pc has been built for around a month.

I have 4 sticks of ram inside, each being I believe each being 8 gb, however I actually have 32 gigs of ram installed instead of the 16 stated above. The speed is 2133 MHz with the game open (if that affects it at all).

Yeah, the RAM speed is very important. 2133 MHz is waaaaay too slow for a Ryzen 3600; Ryzen CPUs are very sensitive to RAM speed and function much slower when fitted with slow RAM, causing a CPU bottleneck. The reason you're having drops below 144 fps isn't because of your 2060 or 1060, its because you have an artificial CPU bottleneck due to slow RAM.

I literally solved almost the exact same problem yesterday, check it out: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...bottleneck-please-help.3672138/#post-22116364 … even his slow RAM speed was the same.

Fix the RAM and you should fix the problem.

Solution

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019
Yeah, the RAM speed is very important. 2133 MHz is waaaaay too slow for a Ryzen 3600; Ryzen CPUs are very sensitive to RAM speed and function much slower when fitted with slow RAM, causing a CPU bottleneck. The reason you're having drops below 144 fps isn't because of your 2060 or 1060, its because you have an artificial CPU bottleneck due to slow RAM.

I literally solved almost the exact same problem yesterday, check it out: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...bottleneck-please-help.3672138/#post-22116364 … even his slow RAM speed was the same.

Fix the RAM and you should fix the problem.
Undoubtedly the problem, I'm now getting TWICE the fps consistently! Thank you so much!