[SOLVED] New Graphics Card - No Signal

IWonByDefault

Commendable
Jun 26, 2017
I just bought a AMD Radeon RX 5700 and a new Power Supply that is 800W. I don't know all that much about hardware, but have done minor upgrades before and just followed videos, and this time was no different. I just unplugged my old power supply one plug at a time, and put the new one in the same spot, with each one as I went thought them all, so I am confident they are all in the right spot, and everything is plugged in. The only thing that was different is that this graphics card has a 8pin and a 6pin plug on the top. My Power Supply has two sleeves of plugs for this and for the CPU. One sleeve has two 4pins, which I seperated, and plugged one into the CPU. And the other one has a 6pin and a 2pin which I kept together and plugged into the graphics card. I start up the PC, and all the fans go on, including the one on the graphics card. After about 10 seconds my mouse, mic and keyboard's LED's all light up, and I can turns capslock on/off and stuff. But the monitor still says no signal. I am unsure if windows actually started because I can't hear it with my headphones when I restart the computer. I have Hyperx Predator DDR4 x2 (my motherboard only holds two). So is the problem that my motherboard can't handle the graphics card? Is there just a mismatchup with the parts? Could there be a software problem I am unaware of? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Things I have tested:
-Double, Triple and Quadruple checked the monitor plugged in right
-Uninstalled old Drivers
-Cleared CMO's
-Put old graphics card back in, and PC worked fine. Power supply plugs is not the problem

Last edited:
Solution
I tried the power supply with my old one and it is working fine, which is AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
All that means is the psu is enough to power your system with the old card installed - Use Gpu-Z to find the exact model of your old gpu.
RX 5700 is a totally different beast.

And before you go, "But this 800w psu should be plenty!", that would be the case if it were a REAL 800w unit.
This shady, no-name box posing as a power supply, is anything but. You opened a Mimic posing as a treasure chest.
You need a new power supply, one that's at least from a reputable company with a name behind it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: Vic 40

IWonByDefault

Commendable
Jun 26, 2017
I'm sorry, but WTF is that? No way - there's no brand name. That box-thing is literally named Power Supply...
Again, sorry, but 'Power Supply' here, is absolutely the problem...
It needs to go, and pronto.

By the way, what's your old gpu?
I tried the power supply with my old one and it is working fine, which is AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
All that means is the psu is enough to power your system with the old card installed - Use Gpu-Z to find the exact model of your old gpu.
RX 5700 is a totally different beast.

And before you go, "But this 800w psu should be plenty!", that would be the case if it were a REAL 800w unit.
This shady, no-name box posing as a power supply, is anything but. You opened a Mimic posing as a treasure chest.
You need a new power supply, one that's at least from a reputable company with a name behind it.

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not sure how to list what the power supply is, so here is just a link to what I got on Amazon, sorry
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WLWKSC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thing costs $100 which is awfull ... same money could buy you this,
https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-CP-9020133-NA-TX550M-Modular-Supply/dp/B01MSEYY23/ref=sr_1_7?qid=1570361554&refinements=p_36:-10000&rnid=12035759011&s=electronics&sr=1-7
and yes this is enough to power the Ryzen 1600+RX 5700.