new graphics card r9 270x

CaptainClimatic

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
just today i bought a amd r9 270x and installed everything on it. But now when i go to play most games they load up and when i get in-game it plays for a second if that and then the computer completely shuts off. leaving the green boot up light flashing. I have no idea what this means any feedback would help.

1. Is PSU up to snuff ?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_r7_260x_r9_270x_280x_review_benchmarks,10.html

Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

AMD R7 260X - On your average system the card requires you to have a 450 Watt power supply unit.
AMD R7 260X Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 650 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

AMD R9 270X - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.
AMD R9 270X Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

AMD R9 280X - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit.
AMD R9 280X Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 750 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

If you are going to overclock GPU or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina.

2. What are temps ?

what power supply?

is your heat sink on the cpu properly and is there thermal paste on it?

are your graphics card drivers installed.

when is the last time you went to windows updates and installed stuff....... not just stuff you thought you needed?......... if graphics drivers show up install them. don't care if they are 3 month's old... ( netframework and other stuff........... and keep going back after reboots until there's nothing left to get.