New graphics card random freeze win 7

apexxboy

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
Okay help would be appreciated;
I have a 650 watt psu and have recently upgraded my system heavily and am experiencing random crashes when multitasking .

Processor-amd fx6300 6 core
Video card radeon 7850

Many thanks and good luck.

Mb m5a97 evo R2.0
Ram 16 gb
Fans x2

I recently upgraded the graphics card to the radeon from a nvidia 610 and the system worked fine now I've got the radeon the freezing occurs.

It is generally running okay when I'm just using windows but any game I startup after a few seconds it will freeze ?!

Very frustrating,
Any reasons why the freezes ?
And running win 7

My assumptions are:
The power supply
Hdd has 40 of 250 gig left is it to full ?
Or the graphics card itself

apexxboy

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I've removed all previous graphic drivers now properly and i am still having the same issue my power supply is an intel 2.2 version p4 (I think that's right anyway) gives off 650 watts adequate for my new system I believe.

Feeling this may be a conflicting issue of some kind ? Any ideas ?

DjDafiDak

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

well since you didnt do it when u should, you might have caused some problems so now do:
1.remove all drivers, including radeon ones, anything u can find on ur pc, use a program called "driver sweeper" in safe mode to remove all drivers.
2. when you are 100% done, download the latest and correct driver for ur os from amd site, and install it again.

apexxboy

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013

Alright now tried that still no joy though same errors as before ?

apexxboy

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I've tried different power connectors from the psu and there's only a single six pin slot to connect with all pins, will try an older driver tomorrow and let you know. Got one of my mates having a look at it tomorrow keep you posted. I'm thinking its some sort of conflict issue. I'm able to do generic windows tasks fine which require minimal graphic card use but as soon as I start gaming errors occur. I've tested it using msi kombuster works fine too ?

Any other checks I can run ?
Would it conflict with the network adapter or sound card I put in ?

DjDafiDak

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

there should be no confilcts.
you can try runing unigine heaven.